Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
betleH tourney database

May 15th, 2024, 8:15am
News: Check the Questions area and follow the instructions. Make sure you are listed on the manifest in the right place... as fighter or attendee... and make sure your attendance icons are set right.

Home Help Search Login
Host simm site

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread
Medical attention at the tourney (Read 2158 times)
Jackie Clawson
Combatant
Kitty's

Killer Kitty!

Re: Medical attention at the tourney
Reply #30 - Mar 12th, 2006, 6:03am

What about starting with first strike/first blood and in the later matches of Phase II going for disarm? Some of the folks in Phase II who don't stand a chance of getting into Phase III would still like to do a disarm match or two..  just to have a variety of things. You can get first strike, first blood  then disarm. mix and match the matches. SO that each competitor fights, say... 3 first strike, 2 first blood, and 3 disarm matches, or whatever. After all you do have to have a certain skill to do the first strike matches. (averting the blade and whatnot.)

Rear Admiral Jackie Clawson
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon - A
Task Force CO
Task Force 58
----------
USS Horizon: http://horizon.taylord1.co.uk
Task Force 58: http://tf58.bravofleet.com
Biography: http://horizon.taylord1.co.uk/main.php?pageref=bio&crewid=47
Email View Profile WWW Jackie Clawson BFJackieClawson BFJackieClawson   IP Logged
Krahl
Active Attendee

To err is Human...
 Thank Qo'noS
I'm a Klingon.

Reply #31 - Mar 12th, 2006, 10:56am

I like the idea of making the qualifying stage varied.  Good idea.

Email View Profile krahlkbrdlok   IP Logged
Ta`pez
Combatant

Glorious victories
are ahead of us

Reply #32 - Mar 12th, 2006, 12:36pm

why not let the individual fighters decide - rather then having a fixed spot.

Ta'pez 'ech
TF2X0 TF44
View Profile WWW Ta`pez Ta`pez tapez_meHHaj forcefedsleeper   IP Logged
Jackie Clawson
Combatant
Kitty's

Killer Kitty!

Reply #33 - Mar 12th, 2006, 12:43pm

There's a chance people will choose 'disarm' because they're better at winning that than winning a first strike/blood match. Maybe in Phase III.  

Besides in any tournament setting you don't ask the competitors "okay guys, what do you wanna do?"

Rear Admiral Jackie Clawson
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon - A
Task Force CO
Task Force 58
----------
USS Horizon: http://horizon.taylord1.co.uk
Task Force 58: http://tf58.bravofleet.com
Biography: http://horizon.taylord1.co.uk/main.php?pageref=bio&crewid=47
Email View Profile WWW Jackie Clawson BFJackieClawson BFJackieClawson   IP Logged
K`Hare totlh
YaBB Administrator
betleH Judges

Get your own keg!

Reply #34 - Mar 12th, 2006, 12:48pm

First strike/blood lean toward the better better, but not by much.   If I really used the current combat prog with that setting, it would just be random and we could just as well flip coins for 5 rounds which defeats the purpose of having phase II.

Note I said making it FS/FB in character but still using ths disarm setting of the app.

K'Hare totlh
CO Klach D'kel Brakt
TFCO TF86
Forum admin for BFKC and betleH tourney
View Profile   IP Logged
Ta`pez
Combatant

Glorious victories
are ahead of us

Reply #35 - Mar 12th, 2006, 12:56pm

Quote from K`Hare totlh on Mar 12th, 2006, 12:48pm:

Note I said making it FS/FB in character but still using ths disarm setting of the app.

i dont see why - i dont think its fair to use one but pretend that it is the other, why not make the batleth tournament inaacessible to past winners and members admirality - have them fight with other characters.

Ta'pez 'ech
TF2X0 TF44
K`Hare totlh
YaBB Administrator
betleH Judges

Get your own keg!

Reply #36 - Mar 12th, 2006, 1:41pm

You are only saying that because you heard me say it first so you can take credit when the system changes next year.  And its not the same thing anyway.  One is about when fighters are too strong to fight, the other is about helping the IC flow.

The whole point I was making was 9 disarm matches will wear on you.  Unless I let damage carry between fights it defies logic.  But if the eary fights were FB, IC, then having 9 or 11 or 13 matchs in two days wouldn't be so bad.  The other fix would be to streatch out time.. but then we get 5 or 6 nights of bar talk... I am up for that... but does everyone want a 3 month betleH tourney?

K'Hare totlh
CO Klach D'kel Brakt
TFCO TF86
Forum admin for BFKC and betleH tourney
View Profile   IP Logged
Ta`pez
Combatant

Glorious victories
are ahead of us

Reply #37 - Mar 12th, 2006, 2:08pm

well i think if you want to have the medical part of the game matter then hp points and agility points (in terms of dammage) will need to be integrated into the program and made count - then the players would know what happened.

Ta'pez 'ech
TF2X0 TF44
Krahl
Active Attendee

To err is Human...
 Thank Qo'noS
I'm a Klingon.

Reply #38 - Mar 12th, 2006, 2:12pm

OK how about a bat'etH Premier League...

Only the big guys get in it.  You qualify by winning the Annual Tourney or by being accepted as obviously over tough.

The Tourney runs pretty much as is, though K'Hare is bound to tweak it even if 100% said it was currently perfect.  The Premier guys do something at different stages through the year and their final is also at the Tourney.

That way we get the fresh blood.  Give everyone a chance of doing great fight posts and great apres fight posts.  We also get a whole big macho thing from the big hitters.

Krahl
Active Attendee

To err is Human...
 Thank Qo'noS
I'm a Klingon.

Reply #39 - Mar 12th, 2006, 2:15pm

Quote from K`Hare totlh on Mar 12th, 2006, 1:41pm:
but does everyone want a 3 month betleH tourney?

Well 2 months would be OK...  seriously we could easily stretch the fun out that long.  Not sure the SIMMs that don't wholly live on this would like it though.

For us Klingons its a big deal.  We all kind of make it here in some form.  We all have our own little things going on.  But some SIMMs might not like their Chief of Ops being gone so long.

My idea above might fix some of that.  I dunno.

KVok
Combatant

Sanity is for the
weak of mind.

Reply #40 - Mar 12th, 2006, 9:56pm

2 months? Some of us might go insane...insaner...

K'Vok ne'
Rear Admiral Clawson's Personal Stalker
http://horizon.taylord1.co.uk/main.php?pageref=bio&crewid=87
Email View Profile KVok mandarhobbit mandarhobbit   IP Logged
QolavraH
Combatant

Without honor, there
is nothing.

Reply #41 - Mar 13th, 2006, 1:05am

See.. now me, I think K'rahl took a conversation we had a couple weeks ago and ran with it.

A big hitter's league is a good idea, if we can get all the big hitters to agree to it.  K'Hare, Satian, ta'pez, K'rahl.. etc.. etc.. whoever else I missed.

See then you get the 'regular' folks who actually then have a chance to win the tourney.. lets call them the light weight division... and you get the heavyweights who have a chance to win their own 'class' if you will.

There are so many ways and things to do it boggles, don't ya think?  The question is, does the guy who has to write and tweak the program have time? Smiley

The first blood idea for the initial phase is good, but as you say leave it at disarm so it isn't completely random.  Even a 5 year old child could draw blood first on K'Hare, if he bit him hard enough... Wink

Q'olavraH la'
Support Vessel HoD
KDB
Email View Profile QolavraH qolavrah QolavraH   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread