Send Topic Print Mark as Unread
A question of honor. (Read 497 times)
Ta`pez
Combatant

Glorious victories
are ahead of us

A question of honor.
Mar 10th, 2006, 10:59am

I had a conversation with K’hare and we made certain observations that differed in terms of what Ta’pez did and wrote. I am saying that to fight with Great Honor one  doesn’t have to be nice and friendly towards the opponent. K'Hare thinks differently I ll let him speak on his views.  

Phase II  

Match 1 vs Wolfe – not written because of lack of participation by Wolfe.  The bastard fought dirty , more about that later.

Match 2 vs Cash – Ta’pez fought versus Cash. He was not friendly, but the fighter fought very dirty.  Is it dishonorable to call somebody a lesser rank then what was? That’s pretty much Ta’pez only transgression.  

Match 3 Kurk vs Ta’pez – he was actually nice here  
I cant find any bad behavior by Ta’pez here, in fact if anything it should be commended.

Match 4 T’linda vs Ta’pez – T’linda seemed busy.

Match 5 Jack  - same here, again dirty fighter vs Ta’pez  

Match 6 Taj’vI – definitely a non issue post

Match 7 Jackie Clawson – friendly enough to have bloodwine.  

BRAKET STUFF  

Top 16 vs ToreQ  
Very honorable fight – probably the highlight along with the phase II Kurk fight.  

Quarter Finals vs Wolfe
Ok…so he showed everybody FAs heart stamped underwear,  the petaQ fought very dirty for the second time.      

Semi Finals vs roS
Very honorable as well, while Ta’pez was goading him, it was with a purpose, trying to teach him something. roS misinterpreted certain things, but still, cant claim that anything was but Great Honor.  

Finale vs Saitain  
If anything Saitain being an assassin shows that Ta’pez gave him more honor then he should have. After all according to what Saitain is (an assassin) he should have tried to kill of the scum (being in that trade is equal to being a prostitute in a very traditional society).  

So do you need to be friendly towards your enemy in order to achieve great honor? If somebody is acting like a piece of baktag?

Ta'pez 'ech
TF2X0 TF44
View Profile WWW Ta`pez Ta`pez tapez_meHHaj forcefedsleeper   IP Logged
qul`yIt
Active Attendee

Walker of Fire...
Don't Stand in My
Way!

Re: A question of honor.
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2006, 11:50am

No, don't think need be friendly to fight with Honor.  You can defeat an enemy in Honorable combat..  but you would not be friendly toward them would you?  

Long as you do not try to decieve them, or attack unfairly (ex: attacking when other is resting), you don't have to be friendly.

Curse them out all want.  If loose their temper thats their fault.  However using cursing it as a tactic, unsure on that one.

qul'yIt lagh
Gunner
IKS Hegh'ta

qul'yIt's Bio
Email View Profile   IP Logged
Jim Hunter
Active Attendee

Human. Don't mess.

Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2006, 11:54am

Being honourable isn't the same as being polite. But on one hand, if you tell an opponent that they don't deserve to be a [rank] then that could be seen as an intentional distraction from the fight so you can take advantage - not the best of tactics from an honourable standpoint.

James Hunter
Test Pilot - KDB
"There's a reason Sisko could fight. He was Human."
Email View Profile   IP Logged
Ta`pez
Combatant

Glorious victories
are ahead of us

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2006, 12:59pm

isnt cursewarfare a fine point of our culture.

Ta'pez 'ech
TF2X0 TF44
K`Hare totlh
YaBB Administrator
betleH Judges

Get your own keg!

Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2006, 1:33pm

I don't know that goading someone is honorable.  Taunting them... seems unsportsman like.  But.... cursewarfare is different.  The easiest way to put it is this... if those watching think you are entertaining or funny, and its clear your insult is well aimed and not gratuitous, that's curse warfare as is fair in the fight.  But if you are calling someone kathy a few times to the point its annoying, or your joke is just lame, if it looks weak to the audience, its not honorable.

Are you taking advantage of your opponent?  Against roS you are the better fighter.  If he was pressing you and you had fun with him that's one thing, but if you toy with him and make him look silly, it might give you glory, but doesn't seem honoable.  You looked like you were trying to embaress him and what is the gain for you in beating someone you are so much better than?

Another measure would be crowd reaction.  Do they see you are helping him with some forced learning or do they see you embarrassing him.  What you did with roS would be fine if you could do it against K'Hare or K'rahl, but against roS you just made him the fool in public.

K'Hare totlh
CO Klach D'kel Brakt
TFCO TF86
Forum admin for BFKC and betleH tourney
View Profile   IP Logged
Ta`pez
Combatant

Glorious victories
are ahead of us

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2006, 2:16pm

he made himself look bad in the publics eyes, it was not me that insulted his mate, or for his matter me that lost his composure and started attacking like a maniac.  

throwing a batleth @ me and saying he had temper issues (in this case another fine member of the house of k'brd'lok) doesnt lesson his dishonor at acting tht way - thats like saying i got drunk and my judgement was impaired, does that lessen the words or impact of actions.  

what the public seems and what others do might be different, was worf dishonorable when he refused to fight with gowron?

to the public he was - was he dishonorable to himself ?  

if the match is extended on my end then that is because roS is a skillful fighter  and he will gain even more glory. and i was not toying with him - i would have finished it earlier if it wasnt his fight.

Ta'pez 'ech
TF2X0 TF44
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread