Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
betleH tourney database

May 18th, 2024, 7:44am
News: We are still accepting and reviewing characters... tell your friends to sign up now.

Home Help Search Login
Host simm site

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread
Matters Of The House (Read 405 times)
toreQ
Combatant

If the Wise are
fools, I'm a Drunk
Fool...

Matters Of The House
Feb 20th, 2006, 7:17pm

Quote from Veska on Feb 20th, 2006, 1:01am:
By the time toreQ had returned, Veska had finished off her food. She had been hungrier than she thought.

She was surprised to see toreQ return with a child. But the look on toreQ's face as he asked her to come with him, told her all she needed to know. Looking back to Bettina and Cash she said apologetically, "It was nice to meet you too, and yes, may the next time be under...better circumstances."

Veska stood to follow toreQ, but turned back for a final comment. "Perhaps we can meet up again after the final rounds today and swap stories," Veska said to Bettina before she finally left the table and went with toreQ.

They left the room and toreQ lead them a place they could get a call out to the Homeworld.  As they walked, toreQ spoke to Veska.  "Tarlin has just make a long Journey from Qo'noS.  I would like you to check him out to make sure he did not catch anything from his trip, while I make a call to my wife.  Is that suitable?"  He asked as he glanced at the boy once.

toreQ, House of Qortlh
ne'
weHwI' XO

Bio
Email View Profile WWW toreQ honortarg1 batlhtargh   IP Logged
Veska
Active Attendee

Bat’leth or laser
scalpel, skilled
with both.

Re: Matters Of The House
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2006, 7:46pm

Veska glanced down at the boy.  "All the way from Qo'nos?" she repeated... "that must have been quite an adventure," she then said, really to both of them.

That toreQ had to call his wife, must have meant that she was watching over him.  She wasn't sure who his parents were or if they were still alive to make this the case.  "Speak with your wife, and Tarlin will tell me the tale of his journey over food and drink!  Well, at least drink," she admitted as it was a little late to have suggested the food part, but handed Tarlin her water flask.

Outside Veska knew this was just another patient, but inside, she was apprehensive.  Children were not her specialty and expecially not Klingon children.  But Veska had little doubt that Tarlin would wish to be considered a warrior, even at this age.

Veska ne'
Chief Medical Officer
IKS D'bloq
[Bio]
Email View Profile agent_d_wib   IP Logged
gtrell
Active Attendee

Klingons rule.

Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2006, 1:52am

Tarlin was sielent as the be' looked him over.  She kept trying to lour him into conversation.  He didnt mind it.  But still he truely did not wish to discuss.  But her cheery demenor wore on him and he remembered what his mother always said. 'Talking is the first step to freindship.' Not that he wanted friends but she was an elder and he was obligated to awnser her questions.  

"I heard some men at the house talking of going to the tourney,  I wanted to see my mother fight this year." He said. "So I barrowed a ride on thier ship."  

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Veska
Active Attendee

Bat’leth or laser
scalpel, skilled
with both.

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2006, 10:55am

"Borrowed mmm? In exchange for what?  Did they know that you were aboard or did you play stowaway" she asked, though as toreQ was asking his wife, toreQ may already have been told the answer to that question.  "I am sure there is a reason you were not already here, that your mother did not arrange for you to come."

Veska ne'
Chief Medical Officer
IKS D'bloq
[Bio]
Email View Profile agent_d_wib   IP Logged
gtrell
Active Attendee

Klingons rule.

Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2006, 6:44pm

Tarlin shrugged "My SoS never has the time to take me into consideration. She is a very busy be'." He shifted on the bio bed.

"Sneaking your way here is the best way to get her attention," Veska replied.  "You found food and things to drink on your way here?  It was not a short trip."

"i brought supplies,  I had two days to prepare.  I restock them whenever they stopped at ports." He said, "  As for her attention that’s hardly why I came.  I wanted to see her fight."  

"Of course," Veska answered. "I Didn't mean to imply you were seeking her attention for that reason. If my mate was fighting I would wish the same.  To be invited."  She put her things away, and stood back.  Of course as you were prepared, I see nothing for toreQ to be worried about."

"He does not need to worry about me.  I am no child." He said flatly.  "I am just as much a warrior as he is."  

"Of course you are. But it would have still been respectful to let them know such a warrior as yourself was coming.  No one was able to greet you properly," she said in return.

"I assure you good qel, the house watchers greeted me well.   So well in fact I felt honor bond to give them a break from watching me." He smirked a bit.  

Veska smirked in return.  She was enjoying the sarcastic exchange.  "From toreQ's expression, I am not sure they were appreciative however, assuming they are aware of the honor you bestowed on them.  I do not know your mother to know what she will think of this."

Tarlins smirk faded, "I am sure she wont be pleased."  he said with a sigh. "Then that is nothing I am not use too."  

"I am sure she just wants what is best for her young warrior.  At least you have a mother.  I am with out both parents, not really knowing either of them," Veska replied.  "My adoptive parents did their best, but they were both busy as well."

"yeah, parents are highly overrated I think.  I received most of my training on the go after my mothers foster family died.  The James family that is.  I was sent to Q'nos to the house of Al’Voc,  then placed to work in the ship yards for a time under the watchful gaze of house Dol.  That is before house Qolrth took me in."  He sighed again, "My father is borg,  so he is as close to dead as a Klingon can get while still breathing,  and my mother....well lets just say your not missing much in that department."  

"As my mother was Terran, I would imagine most Klingons would agree with you," Veska said even though she didn’t really believe it.  I was born and raised on Earth, and until I met my mate, I didn't know myself or my house."  She moved to sit next to him, having been on her feet all morning.  "Such disapproval yet you came all this way to watch her fight?"

"She is a great warrior and some day I will be just as great." He stated. "i mean no offence but I am surprised you found a Klingon mate, considering you served in the federation."

"Used to yes," Veska acknowledged.  "A result of being raised on Earth when no one claimed me I suppose.  Perhaps it was fate, as I met him while in the Federation at a time I was seeking to embrace more of my heritage. I was... brought to my senses," she chuckled.  

Tarlin caught the just of it and smiled, "Its not so much learning." He said "But more a feeling.  Being Klingon that is."  He looked up at her, "you are just as Klingon as the rest of them,  if any one says different knock them senseless I guarantee it will be the last time they question your heritage."  

Veska smirked remembering a few particular instances.  "Oh I have.  Even when I was still in the Federation.  All through my youth had felt there was something missing, and not just my birth parents. Why I waited until adulthood, I don't have an answer."

"it was not missing you just didn’t know it was there is all." He said matter of factly, "It takes those who are separated time to realize their path is abscewed.  But now you see the truth of what you are and are ready to lead your life as a warrior as you where meant too."  He placed a hand on her arm, "You will do well,  Your mate will see to it."  

“As will you, even if your mother is engaged in her duties for the Empire, and not at your side," Veska replied.  Such insight for one so didn't look like he had reached the age of ascension yet.  "You must have wise teachers to know so much."

"I come to my own conclusions based on what I am told.  It has little to do with wisdom but more a matter of heart."  

"Have you already seen your mother fight?" Veska asked changing topics.  She hadn't seen him in the arena, but how could anyone find a single person (even if they were looking for them) in that crowd unless they happened to be the ones in the ring itself.

"No, She is not on the roster,   don’t understand she always fights here.  But I did find her." He said his voice growing hard, "And when I find the P'taQ who showed her such dishonor I will gut him alive and make him eat his organs."  

"I do not know why she isn't on the roster," Veska replied, wondering what had happened in the bar, she apparently should have been listening more closely.  "We serve different ships."  

Tarlin looked back at her, "I assumed so much." He sighed.  "So what do we do now?"  

"Assumptions are dangerous things," Veska agreed, wondering if assumptions had anything to do with what had happened to make him feel such anger.  It wouldn't be the first place or the last.  "Perhaps toreQ got so involved talking to his wife, he forgot what he called her for," Veska said with a slight smirk.

Tarlin smiled again, "Yes she is a rather interesting be' his wife.  Though his daughter can be a dangerous person when provoked.  She is married now.  You would think she would have been happy for it." He shrugged. "I will never understand women,  you always seem to be cranky even when your happy.  Its...strange."

"We must keep you on your guard," Veska laughed.  "Our tactical advantage." She slid off and gathered her things.  "Perhaps we should go find him. And I can be cranky at him."

Tarlin chuckled, "I hope to find a mate like you someday,  your amusing." With that he followed.

OFF:  

Veska ne'
Chief Medical Officer
IKS D'bloq

&  

Tarlin son of G’Tar

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread