Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
betleH tourney database

May 4th, 2024, 9:38am
News: Please ask if you have any queries, don't assume things - speak to the Judges or Host CO.

Home Help Search Login
Host simm site

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread
Another brick in the wall... (Read 493 times)
Khoal
Active Attendee

Klingons rule.

Another brick in the wall...
Feb 19th, 2006, 4:44am

Khoal waited until the lunch time lull to go have a look at the wall of honor... at the blades.  He had seen something, his attention like all others on the weapon when one tip broke and he was here to confirm it.  It was not possible, but here it was.

He stared long and hard at Captain Cash's weapon, just to be sure.

Khoal Soghla', House qoli'qoS
ra'wI' QeDpIn (Chief Science Officer)
Klach D'kel Brakt
Bio
View Profile   IP Logged
Kenin leGoz
Active Attendee

Re: Another brick in the wall...
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2006, 1:32am

Kenin approached the wall, looking at the weapons curiously.  She had heard of them but this was the first time that she had seen them for real.  They were impressive, not meant for a girl like herself...but then, a girl such as she shouldn't have to be involved in life and death struggles....sometimes, fate had different ideas.

Glancing at the man beside her, she followed his gaze to the broken betleH.  "What happened to it?"  She couldn't imagine what it would take to break one of heavy weapons.

TAG
Khoal

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Khoal
Active Attendee

Klingons rule.

Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2006, 3:25am

"It broke."  He said it distracted, not like he was trying to be funny.  "If you have two solid masses slamming against each other eventually one will break.  That is simple physics."

Klach D'kel Brakt
Bio
View Profile   IP Logged
Kenin leGoz
Active Attendee

Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2006, 9:24am

"I can see that, but..."  Annoyed, she looked up, tired of being brushed off because she was just a kid.  Then she saw his expression and knew his thoughts were elsewhere.  "I don't know..."  She shrugged.  "Just seems to me that if you'd take such care to make something, you would try to make it stronger..."  Indeed all the weapons were works of art..."Is one yours, sir?"

TAG

Khoal
Active Attendee

Klingons rule.

Reply #4 - Feb 20th, 2006, 1:06pm

"For Klingons, art and utility are the same thing.  We don't do art for simply pleasure, for its own sake.  We spend the time to be fanciful only for something that warrants it.  A weapon that is expected to survive for generations for example.  Even then, it is the Imperials who are more likely to do that.  They have more freedom for such things.  That is why some of these weapons are so simple while others have complex etchings.  If you know how to read them, you can tell the history of the weapon and its previous owners."  He turned to face her.  "No, my betleH is not on the wall."

OFF:

Now is a good time to notice his ears if you care.  I.e. check his bio.

Klach D'kel Brakt
Bio
View Profile   IP Logged
Cash
Combatant

TF72 Rules

Reply #5 - Feb 20th, 2006, 7:08pm

Lunch had been great Bryan needed some food his energy was still down but his spirt was back up to where it should be.The events of the last match had caused him to think a great deal about what he was here to do and why.His next match would begin soon and bryan wanted to make sure his betleH was clean for the match.There were quite a few people at the wall of honor and a few seemed to be gathered looking at one weapon in particular.

Captain Bryan Cash
CO:Uss Cario
Ncc-42136-A
Email View Profile futilitysend futilitysend   IP Logged
Kenin leGoz
Active Attendee

Reply #6 - Feb 21st, 2006, 12:34am

"But art is supposed to exist for its own sake..."  Kenin looked up at him, then shrugged.  "At least that's what the art teacher said...but I think that's a neat idea, to have the history in them.."  A man neared them, but she ignored him, her focus on Khoal.  "Why isn't yours there?"  He looked like a Klingon, and surely every Klingon had one....but as she looked closer, she noticed that some of his features were softened, and his ears..."You aren't all Klingon, are you?  I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..."  She shrugged.

Khoal
Active Attendee

Klingons rule.

Reply #7 - Feb 21st, 2006, 12:45am

"You don't have much experience with other races, do you?  Perhaps as you get older.  I am Klingon.  The ridges, the armor... preaty good give-aways if you are paying attention.  I am also part Romulan.  Your remarks would be offensive to me, personally, if I were one to get offended, but you also insulted my culture.  Humans may think art exists for its own sake, but listen to the words I said.  'For Klingons, art and utility are the same thing.  We don't do art for simply pleasure, for its own sake.'  I was specifically giving you the Klingon viewpoint and you want to argue that the culture is wrong?"

Khoal turned and started walking away.  "I have little patience for children."

Klach D'kel Brakt
Bio
View Profile   IP Logged
Kenin leGoz
Active Attendee

Reply #8 - Feb 21st, 2006, 1:09am

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean an insult..."  She took a step after him, then stopped and sighed.  "You're right, I don't know too much about Klingons or Romulans...and my teachers said I didn't pa attention, too."  She grinned, then shrugged.  "And I wasn't arguing...at least I didn't mean to...I was just..."  She shrugged again.  It was all right for him to voice his opinion, but she couldn't voice hers?  But it wasn't worth getting into a scene over.  "Sorry..."  Her attention turned back to the wall.

TAG

OFF
((Please, sir, feel free to walk away...Kenin might take it personally, but I won't!))

Khoal
Active Attendee

Klingons rule.

Reply #9 - Feb 21st, 2006, 2:01am

OFF:

I gotta be me.

Khoal is usually more tolerant and socialable but something on the wall is eating at him.  He is a scientist and needs answers and doesn't like distractions.

Klach D'kel Brakt
Bio
View Profile   IP Logged
Cash
Combatant

TF72 Rules

Reply #10 - Feb 21st, 2006, 8:15am

Bryan watched for a moment as the onlookers began to move slowly away.He didnt like to be the center of attention when doing something personal like this.He slowly walked up to the wall of honor and motioned for the guards to acompany him as he removed his betleH from the wall and made his way to the arena for his next match.

Captain Bryan Cash
CO:Uss Cario
Ncc-42136-A
Email View Profile futilitysend futilitysend   IP Logged
Kenin leGoz
Active Attendee

Reply #11 - Feb 21st, 2006, 11:25pm

Kenin watched the Klingon walk away, as well as the man with the broken blade.  It was odd, she mused, that the man looked almost as broken as his blade...Yet both seemed to hold a kind of pride...

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread