Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
betleH tourney database

May 3rd, 2024, 9:27pm
News: Check the Questions area and follow the instructions. Make sure you are listed on the manifest in the right place... as fighter or attendee... and make sure your attendance icons are set right.

Home Help Search Login
Host simm site

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread
Q'olavraH vs be'eQaraH (Read 387 times)
QolavraH
Combatant

Without honor, there
is nothing.

Q'olavraH vs be'eQaraH
Feb 14th, 2006, 8:02pm

Q'ol and QaraH entered the arena together, laughing at something.  It was very obvious the female's knew each other well enough.  It was also obvious they had been drinking together before the match.

They both moved to the wall together and grabbed their blades off of it.  Then they stood together, talking quietly one or the other glancing at a particular person in the audience.  Q'ol laughed and they looked at each other's betleHmey and had another discussion while Q'ol let QaraH take her blade and test the weight of it.

QaraH frowned and handed Q'ol's blade back then they moved to the ring.

"I wish you had faced someone else in the first round."  Q'olavraH said.

"I have improved.  It has been some months since you and I have practiced" QaraH responded as she stripped out of her armored vest and wore only a short sleeved tunic, much like what Q'olavraH wore.  If she had faced someone wearing armor, she'd have worn her's, but she would not wear it against someone who wore none.

Q'olavraH wore a pair of light tan leather breeches, a light tan sleevless tunic and her normal black combat boots.  She wore only a simple baldric, with a pin with the crest of the bortaS bIr and one with the crest of KDB.

The females warmed up with a couple of drills.  They had time before the match was supposed to start.  Many of the non-Klingon spectators looked as if they were trying to figure out if this was a competitor and her trainer or a couple of friends playing around before the combatants arrived.

The time came for the match to start and the Klingons that were watching settled in while most of the others were still looking around to see who was fighting.

The official called from the sidelines "Suv!"

QaraH took the offensive and went after Q'olavraH for all she was worth.  To her credit, Q'olavraH had to work hard to keep from being hit at least twice.

Q'olavraH let her come and then made a foray of her own.  Her speed had only increased in the last year since she had been training hard for this, expecting to beat ta'pez if they ended up meeting again.  She did not care about winning the tournament, but she would beat that cheng scum if they met again this year.

QaraH had to step back and back again and barely saved herself from losing her blade.

The two females settled into the rhythm of friends who sparred together, one or the other testing and pushing seeing what the other might have learned since the last time they had trained.

It was enjoyable for the spectators, but the Klingons in the audience had already picked the winner.  Q'ol was obviously faster and better trained.

QaraH suddenly changed fighting style and Q'ol took a mis-step and almost got nailed in the side of the head with the betleH handle of her opponent.  She ducked and rolled barely fast enough to dodge but when she popped back up onto her feet she was laughing.

"That was very good! You have been practicing, and I bet I know who with!" Q'olavraH said with real admiration in her voice.  

She had learned some of this style from K'Hare, but they had not had enough time to spend together fighting and drinking like she would have liked.  His duty took him away from her far to much.  QaraH would have the advantage here, and maybe Q'ol would learn something as well.

She saw Khoal over QaraH's shoulder, smiling, his admiration for the half human be'eQaraH was obvious on his face, Q'olavraH had to grin.  These two didn't even know what had hit them, and a moment later neither did she when she found herself on her back, stunned, but still holding her betleH.

She rolled to her feet and gave her head a shake.  "The same move twice in a couple of minutes.  What is wrong with me?!" she laughed and attacked, using one of the lesser known techniques of the shieldmaidens, then, when she realized what she did, she switched mid-move to one of the fighting styles of Kor that K'Hare was so fond of.

QaraH was confused for a moment, trying to keep up with the style changes.  "You drank to much bloodwine is what is wrong with you!" she chided the other female.  Truthfully she was begining to tire, even though this was the most fun she had had in a while.  She saw an opening and flicked the point of her blade into it and began the followthrough, only to have her own blade handily yanked away and caught in Q'ol's open hand.  

QaraH blinked, then smiled looking at the other female holding both blades, one in each hand.  "You will have to show me how you did that."

Q'olavraH laughed and handed QaraH back her blade.  "I will be more than pleased, if you will show me how you managed to knock me down."

They left the ring together to rehang their blades as Q'olavraH was announced to be the winner.  The two women left the arena together, sweaty and laughing at something, QaraH carrying her armor while Q'ol led the way to more drinking.

JP

By be'eQaraH la'
yaS wa'DIch  
KDB

&

Q'olavraH la'
Support Vessel HoD
KDB
Email View Profile QolavraH qolavrah QolavraH   IP Logged
Flim
Bookies
Staff

Klingons rule.

Re: Q'olavraH vs be'eQaraH
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2006, 8:49pm

Flim sat and watched the bout.  It was fun.

These Klingon babes could move their stuff around real good.

His lobes became quite warm and he decided he might ask his Father to add a fight like this to the Sundeck.  That would be GREAT.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
K`Hare totlh
YaBB Administrator
betleH Judges

Get your own keg!

Re: Q'olavraH vs be'eQaraH
Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2006, 5:06am

K'Hare watched his favorite Klingon be'mey fight each other.  What bad luck for them to face each other in the qualifying round.  He knew the outcome before they started and was surprised with how well QaraH had done.  She excelled at teaching but against older, wiser Klingons she still had the disadvantage.  She would be deadly when her time came... but for now, she would have to be satified with how well her best student had prepared.

He watched as they left together and wished he could join them, but he had duties, ones that many did not even expect.  He looked around for DarQ and his son.

OFF:

From here, he goes to Rolf's match.

K'Hare totlh
CO Klach D'kel Brakt
TFCO TF86
Forum admin for BFKC and betleH tourney
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread