Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
betleH tourney database

May 18th, 2024, 2:57am
News: The tourney begins Feb 6.

Home Help Search Login
Host simm site

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread
Trying to sort out some things (Read 421 times)
Rolf Emerson
Combatant

For the Honor of
Task Force 58

Trying to sort out some things
Feb 14th, 2006, 11:56am

ON

Rolf found a nice part of the base that provided an incredible view of the surrounding space.  Watching the stars seemed to always make him feel at home no matter where home happened to be at the moment. He told his wife R’alka that he would be up for a little while.  His match wasn’t scheduled until much later that morning so he was going to take advantage of the time and just do some thinking.

Rolf then spotted the Alluran star. It was a dead give away.  The Alluran star was the only star that had a shade of purple which could be seen light years away.   Rolf took some comfort and smiled. He wondered how the people were doing on Atlantis.  He wanted to contact Commander Badtke and find out what the morale was. He then opted against it.  

‘What the hell am I doing here?’ he asked himself. ‘Is it really that important that I stay in Starfleet? Especially considering how half of the fleet hates me so bad.’  Although most of the crowd cheered him, he wondered if it was genuine.  

“Looks like someone feeling a little blue.” Cried a deep southern voice from behind the Admiral

Rolf turned around to see his father, mother and several of his family with them.

“Mom, Dad, T.J. Brax. Gosh it’s good to see you.”

He gave each of them a hug, Brax especially.

“I wasn’t expecting to see you all here, considering the situation back home.”

“Well, I couldn’t miss my favorite son fight in the most important match of his career now could I?”

“No, I suppose you couldn’t.” Rolf said sitting back down.

“What is this I’m hearing about you wanting to resign from Starfleet?” Roy asked

“How the devil did you find out about that? I only told R’alka and she promised me she wouldn’t tell any one until I made my decision.”
     “Well, you told her, R’alka told her father and her father told me. Needless to say, were all worried about you son.” Roy said placing his on his shoulder.  “Believe it or not, once I considered leaving Starfleet. I know if I had, I would have never met your mother, and you wouldn’t be with us right now.”

Rolf was surprised by what his father said. “You, wanted to leave Starfleet? Sorry Dad, but I find that a bit hard to swallow.”

“I figured you would.  When I got my second posting, I was Chief Engineer of the U.S.S. Cambridge.  It was at the time one of the most advanced starships in the Federation.  I had been training on it for more than a year.  We had a CO, Captain Fitzpatrick. The man was a complete idiot; how he got his Captain’s bars I still can’t figure out to this day.  We went on a test flight, simple test flight, take the ship around the solar system and run field test.  The anti matter started reacting strangely and I urged the captain to take us back to base so that the yard engineers could help me track down the problem.  He then goes off on me citing that I’m incompetent and that he was going to have my rank. He actually accused me of sabotaging his ship.  My engineers vouched that I didn’t sabotage his ship but he just wouldn’t here it. I got arrested and confined to the brig.  After we got back, Starfleet security took over the investigation and discovered that one of the safety interlocks had failed.  That cleared me, but I never got an apology from him, I had to fight to get the arrest expunged from my service file.  After that, I almost left Starfleet until a kind Vulcan Admiral sat me down and explained the pitfalls of command to me.  After he did, I came to appreciate the burden of command.”

“I didn’t know that about you dad.” Rolf added
“The point I’m trying to make son is don’t make any decision, at least not yet.  I can tell you part of your problem; you don’t have confidence in yourself anymore. It’s a plain as the lines on your face kid.   We all went through what you’re going through right now.  Even after I became King, I never felt confident that I could do a good job.  Your mother felt the same way when she became queen and your brother felt the same way when he got his first command.  You’re not alone son. You’ve got a lot of friends here on this base. Talk to them, enjoy this tournament, don’t make a decision you may end up regretting later in life.  Now, it’s real late and we will be getting up early in the morning. Don’t stay up to late kiddo.”

Roy hugged his son as did the rest of his family.

“Thank you dad. Your advice really helped.” Rolf added
     “That’s what fathers and family are for. Good night son.”

Everyone left to head for their guest quarters. Rolf digested what his father had just told him.

OFF

TAG: To anyone who wants to reply.

Rear Admiral
Rolf Emerson
Commanding Officer
Deep Space Seven - http://www.deepspaceseven.org
Task Force Executive Officer Task Force 58
http://www.tf58.bravofleet.com/template.php?pageref=index
Chief Recruitment Officer
Bravofleet
Email View Profile WWW cmdrstanton cordellg2   IP Logged
Bettina Davies
Active Attendee

Re: Trying to sort out some things
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2006, 6:46am

"Sir.."  Bettina smiled at Rolf as she passed him in the corridor, even though she was feeling gloomy herself...she had missed Bryan at dinner, he had been gone by the time she'd gotten there, then she'd been afraid to call, afraid that he was angry with her and didn't want to talk to her...then by the time she had come to her senses, it was too late to call...

It was good to see a familiar face!  "Congratulations on your win.  I heard you did well...aren't most of the DS7 crew so far?"  Well, it was early into it, the main matches hadn't even started, but qualifying was important!

TAG:
Rolf

USS Horizon
Email View Profile hallieorr emtpmolly   IP Logged
Rolf Emerson
Combatant

For the Honor of
Task Force 58

Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2006, 7:14pm

ON

"Thank you Ms. Davies, it's nice to see a familar face here. Yes, the match went well. You should see some of the crew fight though. For many it is their first tournament."

TAG: DAVIES

Rear Admiral
Rolf Emerson
Commanding Officer
Deep Space Seven - http://www.deepspaceseven.org
Task Force Executive Officer Task Force 58
http://www.tf58.bravofleet.com/template.php?pageref=index
Chief Recruitment Officer
Bravofleet
Email View Profile WWW cmdrstanton cordellg2   IP Logged
Bettina Davies
Active Attendee

Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2006, 12:19am

"I've seen a couple, and I plan on seeing more.  I've just been busy...there is a lot to see on the station."  She grinned and shrugged.  "Well, a lot that we don't have at home..."  It was good to think of Allura as home.  "I think I can learn some, too, about fighting, just by watching the matches.  The weapon looks difficult to master..."

TAG
Rolf

USS Horizon
Email View Profile hallieorr emtpmolly   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread