Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
betleH tourney database

May 3rd, 2024, 11:55pm
News: The tourney begins Feb 6.

Home Help Search Login
Host simm site

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread
Rolf Emerson vs Kem'tarc (Read 535 times)
Rolf Emerson
Combatant

For the Honor of
Task Force 58

Rolf Emerson vs Kem'tarc
Feb 12th, 2006, 8:55pm

OFF: Well apparently, I can’t use anything but a Bet’leth so I’m reediting my post.

ON

This was the morning that everyone was psyched for.  This was the opening round and in this round, it was necessary for you to defeat your enemy.  In Rolf’s case, he was fighting Kem’tarc, a member of the dreaded house of Duras family.

Rolf Emerson wasn’t nervous, especially after his inspirational talk with Vice Admiral Jefferson.  Rolf’s strategy is simple, make his weapon apart of him and fight as if the weapon was apart of his body.  Rolf didn’t know how far he was going to get in the tournament; honestly he didn’t care if he made it to the final round or not as long as he learned something about himself during this competition.

Kem’tarc on the other hand had his own agenda.  He was representing the family of Duras.  Ever since Toral failed to gain control of the Empire in 2368, Kem’tarc had been attempting to make a name for him.  He eventually rose to executive officer of his ship, the IKS Gorkon and pleaded with his commander to allow him to compete in this years tournament.  Kem’tarc mainly wanted to impress Toral who was his first cousin.  The two were not close but Kem’tarc was counting on his adversary’s inexperience.  He had read up on Rear Admiral Rolf Emerson.  Kem’tarc had already formed an opinion about his opponent.  

The two adversaries entered the great hall where a huge crowed had gathered to watch the match.  Rolf was not one who was shy but he was surprised at the turn out of the match. There were many people there from DS7 and many of his friends from his Homeworld were there including Rolf’s parents King Roy Emerson and Queen Ariel.  Rolf was a little intimidated; however he did not show his emotions.

Kem’tarc supporters were only his crewmates from his ship.  They shouted praise for their executive officer and wished him well.  The two combatants approached each other and bowed.  

“The match is about to begin” Shouted an announcer. “Representing the Duras family, Kem’tarc, son of Mang.”

The Klingons shouted and applauded.

“His opponent is someone who needs no introduction, Rear Admiral Rolf Emerson from Deep Space Seven.”

There was a loud roar coming from the crowd. “GET ‘EM ROLF!” cried Roy Emerson from the VIP lounge.

The two combatants bowed to each other out of a sense of respect. Warriors who had never engaged each other before were preparing to battle.  

“I hope you have a good doctor human. When I’m done with you, you will need one.” Kem’tarc boasted

“For your information pal, I’m half human.” Rolf said

The two warriors charged at each other.  Both warriors were fighting with standard Bet’leth’s.  Rolf preferred to use his traditional Saber but the tournament rules forbid it so he went with the standard Bet’leth. Rolf knew how to fight with the weapon and after a few minuets, Rolf clearly had the advantage.  It was clear to the crowd that Kem’tarc was out classed.  Rolf continued to dazzle the crowd by using footwork to confuse Kem’tarc and it was working.  The boastful Klingon couldn’t anticipate what Rolf was going to do.  

The crowd continued to cheer as Rolf clearly had the advantage.  He wasn’t even working up a sweat. Those four hours of practice he put in had paid off.  His form was flawless; he had learned to make his weapon apart of himself.  Kem’tarc had made many mistakes during the match, letting his guard down several times.  Now, Rolf was ready to end the match.  Kem’tarc continued to advance towards the Admiral striking careless at him. Rolf noticed he was getting close to the boundary and decided to make his move. He smacked the Klingon in his face twice and turned around and jabbed him in the stomach twice. Rolf then counter attacked with his weapon.  Striking and matching the Klingon blow for blow until the weapon was knocked out of the Klingon’s hand, the Klingon fell flat on his back,  thus ending the match.

“And the winner is Rear Admiral Rolf Emerson.”

The crowd clapped and cheered.  

‘I won?’ Rolf thought.  He couldn’t believe he actually won.  Rolf then holstered his weapon in its resting place and walked over to the Klingon and extended his hand.  All Rolf wanted to do was help him up.  However, Kem’tarc slapped his hand away and left in anger.  He didn’t give Rolf a chance to bow to his opponent. Rolf then turned to the crowd and bowed as was tradition among his people.

OFF

Rear Admiral
Rolf Emerson
Commanding Officer
Deep Space Seven - http://www.deepspaceseven.org
Task Force Executive Officer Task Force 58
http://www.tf58.bravofleet.com/template.php?pageref=index
Chief Recruitment Officer
Bravofleet
Email View Profile WWW cmdrstanton cordellg2   IP Logged
DarQ
Active Attendee

Klingons rule.

Re: Rolf Emerson vs Kem'tarc
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2006, 4:50pm

DarQ met his son and made his way to the first bout that he wanted to see.  He didn't tell Ghoti why they were going.

Ghoti was feeling very proud.  His father was in public with him for the first time away from orQa IV.  He sat wearing his House symbol, his KDF Fleet rank of ne', the Hegh'ta emblem and the Helm emblem.  All of which he was very proud to wear.

DarQ was proud too.  Ghoti was settling in well in his new duties, he was worth much more than just helping run the food facility on orQa IV.  Of course DarQ knew that he too was worth more than this but he knew the chances of bettering his own lot was almost nil.  His son though, or perhaps his son's son when that happened; they could find a place in this new Empire that Martok was leading.

The Federation Officer and the Klingon entered.  It was easy to see that the Federation man was well known, he clearly had his own supporters here, his crew most likely.  The Klingon was less popular.  Though some cheered many booed him, perhaps the Federation personnell might not realise quite how dangerous this situation could be.

DarQ looked around and he saw none of the more prominent Houses present.  No cheng, no p'Dra'on, no K'rahl, no Terlek or Satian he didn't think either.  Were they ignoring this bout to show disdain for the entrant?  Or were they unaware of what was happening here?

No matter.  The House of DarQ were here.

Ghoti gasped aloud when he heard the announcement of who was fighting.

"How can they allow this, Father?" he asked in astonishment.

"This is neutral ground, Ghoti.  Remember that on neutral ground enemies can often be in the same place.  Did not Kirk move among our people at times?"

Ghoti knew this law but still.  What was happening here was an outrage.  Yet he couldn't help laugh at the unimaginative names of some warriors.

There was no real curses at the start of the bout, DartQ did not expect a strong showing from the Klingon in the arena.

It was clear that the Federation officer was used to a different weapon.  He was adapting another fighting style to the Klingon weapon.  It seemed to give him the edge over the unimaginative Klingon.

Slowly though it semed the Klingon's superior strength was gaining him ground.  He was pushing the Federation officer towards the boundary of the fighting area.  Then the Federation officer turned on him, the moves were eratic from a purists point of view, again the variation on the way he used whatever weapon was native to him was showing.

Several fast blows brought the blade from the hands of Kem'tarc and the Federation officer had won.

DarQ nodded with a twisted pleasure.  He looked over at the supporters of the vanquished Klingon, they were not taking it well.

Kem'tarc refused the offer of friendship from the Federation officer and stalked off.  His friends made to follow him.

"Stay here!" DarQ said to Ghoti.

"But..." Ghoti suddenly realised what was about to happen.

"But nothing.  I order you as House Lord, you STAY!"

Ghoti simply nodded and watched his father bound over the wall of the arena and run after Kem'tarc.

The Duras warrior didn't see who was following him.

DarQ slowed to give the Duras time to exit fully.  His comrades were then with him and one saw DarQ.  One who knew who he was.

"Traitor!" the Duras shouted.

DarQ hit him first.  A solid blow to the forehead with his left elbow as his right fist was aimed at the gut.  The warrior doubled up as the elbow had already moved away.  The unlucky warrior's nose met DarQ's knee.

One was down.

He turned on Kem'parc next.  He was armed after all.

DarQ made short work of him and then the others of his supporters were swarming onto DarQ.

Blow after vlow rained down on DarQ but the warrior continued fighting.  His pride, his honour, had been  destroyed by these scum.  When he served them and they betrayed everything that was Klingon they consigned him to nothingness.  That was why his son was not here as DarQ received blow after blow.

Ghoti had a future.  DarQ only had a past.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
K`Hare totlh
YaBB Administrator
betleH Judges

Get your own keg!

Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2006, 7:12am

K'Hare stepped up and then sat down next to Ghoti.  The matches in this arena were over, in fact this round was over, but there were still lessons to learn.  He gestured for the young mongrel to sit as the rest of the crowd moved to leave the area, take a break, or go check the wall to see how the round of matches had gone.

K'Hare totlh
CO Klach D'kel Brakt
TFCO TF86
Forum admin for BFKC and betleH tourney
View Profile   IP Logged
Ensign Johnson
Serenity Crew

Klingons rule.

Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2006, 7:27am

Johnson and a security team beamed in to the area, more reports of brawling Klingons. Bringing a few of the lads had been a stroke of genious on his part, or at least on Lieutenant Chadwick's who had left him a crib sheet of sorts earlier.

Everyone waded in and began separating the Klingons where possible and where it wasn't possible security resorted to more underhand techniques of slapping transporter tags on the fighters and having them beamed away individually.

As the fight wore on Security gained the upper hand Johnson moved deeper in to the fray towards the Klingon who seemed to be at the centre of it all. Stepping over an unconcious Klingon John didn't bother looking down, if he had he would have seen the Klingon stir and wake.

The force of the impact of the Klingon's forehead on Johnson's chin made him see stars and then a peaceful blackness took him over.

OFF

TAG: Chadwick, arrest DarQ and brig him!

Ensign Johnson
Asst. Security Officer
Starbase Serenity
View Profile   IP Logged
AChadwick
Serenity Crew

Serenity Base
Constable

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2006, 7:54am

[quote author=Ensign Johnson link=1139792100/0#3 date=1139916428

The force of the impact of the Klingon's forehead on Johnson's chin made him see stars and then a peaceful blackness took him over.

[/quote]

ON:Security office just outside the brig

Alex waited at his desk for admiral clawson to return from her "mini" tour with one of his staff of the holding cells.

The call had not come in first Klingon just started appearing in the brig one by one.

"Oh bloody hell what now!"alex yelled as he jumped to his feet.

"get me a position on where all those guys are coming from!"

Alex jumped from his chair and grabed a phaser rifle for the wall rack and ran to the turoblift doors.

ON:<tornament arena>

Alex arrived in the chaos with a seperate security detail just in time to see ensign johnson fall to the floor a large klingon male standing over him laughing,Chaos had taken over in this arena and chadwick was pissed off.Alex turned to his security team.

"Take them all down."

His squad unholstered there weapons and jumped into the frey and began stunning fighters one by one .It wasn't getting anywhere alex grinded his teeth and signaled for his men to step back and remove any spectators from the area of fire as he removed the phaser rifle from his shoulder and set it to wide angle stun.

"Cease all hostilitys now or i will be forced to use force to calm the situation!"

None of the angry klingons stopped fighting or even turned to look in chadwicks direction.

"To heck with it then."

Alex fired his rifle at the fighting crowd and they all fell to the deck unconcious.

"Get them all to the brig now!"

Alex growled in anger and looked down at the still unconcious body of ensign johnson.

"Somebody wake up johnson and find out who started this!"

OFF:

LT.Alex Chadwick
Chief Constable
Serenity Base
View Profile   IP Logged
DarQ
Active Attendee

Klingons rule.

Reply #5 - Feb 14th, 2006, 5:19pm

Ghoti saw his CO coming over.  K'Hare sat next to him indicating he should stay.

"Take a break, or go check the wall to see how the round of matches had gone."

Ghoti nodded.  "DarQ told me to stay here.  I guess he has...  taken action by now."

He looked at K'Hare, "Why didn't he take me?"

DarQ knew the odds were against him but he owed this House a beating.  He had four down and several bad injuries to himself before Security started arriving.

He was on the floor as they started transporting some of the Duras out.  No other Klingons had gotten involved.  They either knew DarQ for who he was or they worked out themselves this was personal.

He went down to a blow to the back of his head, as he came to he found his forehead hitting a Federation fellow on the chin.  He looked down and laughed at he irony, he'd likely get charged for that too.

Then he felt phaser.....

K`Hare totlh
YaBB Administrator
betleH Judges

Get your own keg!

Reply #6 - Feb 14th, 2006, 5:54pm

K'Hare nodded.  "Yes, security was called.  The issue is no doubt resolved by now.    Before I answer your question, tell me, why did he have to do what he did... why did he attack House Duras?"

K'Hare totlh
CO Klach D'kel Brakt
TFCO TF86
View Profile   IP Logged
Ghoti
YaBB Newbies

Klingons rule.

Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2006, 6:04pm

"House honour.  The House of Duras are traitors to the Empire, I'm amazed they dare to even shw themselves here." Ghoti replied.

K`Hare totlh
YaBB Administrator
betleH Judges

Get your own keg!

Reply #8 - Feb 15th, 2006, 4:58am

"Such a move by the Duras is surprising.  I am sure Bremer will take note and House Martok will respond.  This is bold considering their position in the Empire.  Perhaps they hoped for more freedom here, on a federation base."

K'Hare leaned back on the stands getting comfortable.  "So you understand why DarQ had to attack them, even if it meant he would be confined or expelled for the duration of the tournament.  I am sure he knew you would understand.  I am sure he knew you would join him, even want to.  But he ordered you to stay here.  Why... best guess?"

K'Hare totlh
CO Klach D'kel Brakt
TFCO TF86
View Profile   IP Logged
Ghoti
YaBB Newbies

Klingons rule.

Reply #9 - Feb 15th, 2006, 10:27am

"I'm not sure.  It wouldn't hurt my position with you if I had acted out of honourable duty.  So perhaps it was for how I am seen by the Federation?"

K`Hare totlh
YaBB Administrator
betleH Judges

Get your own keg!

Reply #10 - Feb 15th, 2006, 10:37am

"DarQ was defending his honor, making sure all knew he was not allied Duras because of the past ties of your Houses.  It was important to your House honor.  In the future he will expect you to defend the House in the same way.   But not today."

K'Hare totlh
CO Klach D'kel Brakt
TFCO TF86
View Profile   IP Logged
Ghoti
YaBB Newbies

Klingons rule.

Reply #11 - Feb 15th, 2006, 1:26pm

"But why not today?" Ghoti asked.  It was clear he had wanted to fight by his father's side.

K`Hare totlh
YaBB Administrator
betleH Judges

Get your own keg!

Reply #12 - Feb 16th, 2006, 5:12am

"I am sure he would have been honored to have you there.  I am just as sure he understands your willingness to do so."  K'Hare wasn't usually so kind but ghoti was self concious about his mixed parentage.  It was more obvious than any of the other mongrel students of K'Hare's because his mother's race was so radically different.  ghoti was literally a fish out of water.  K'Hare frowned.  Maybe he was just getting soft because of his own tainted blood.

"You will have many years in the future to show DarQ your honor, but he also recognizes the importance of this event.  For you, doubly so.  For you, this is a chance to learn.  That is simply a factor of age.  I think that is why he sent you to me, to KDB.  There, and here you get exposure to cultures you would never see otherwise.  The ones he took with him are all older, they don't need the lesson."

K'Hare let him think about that for a minute.  "But there is something else, maybe more important.  He needs his House represented here.  That is why he came.  In point of fact, he has honored you.   You are now the most senior member of House DarQ here."

K'Hare totlh
CO Klach D'kel Brakt
TFCO TF86
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread