Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
betleH tourney database

May 3rd, 2024, 12:19pm
News: Check the Questions area and follow the instructions. Make sure you are listed on the manifest in the right place... as fighter or attendee... and make sure your attendance icons are set right.

Home Help Search Login
Host simm site

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread
The Vandetta of One's Soul (Read 532 times)
Ragnos
YaBB Newbies

Klingon Pilot

The Vandetta of One's Soul
Feb 27th, 2006, 1:05am

The early morning Star Base seemed very lifeless. All was silent, except for the normal sounds of a Star Base, ventilation system, other beings being up and around. However, some where in the Star Base, an odd feeling loomed over one spot near a view port. The Klingon’s elbows rested on the table, a fist over his mouth with his thumbs under his chin, with his nose breathing very slow and deep in and out. The blue eyes didn’t move much, and his hair pulled back in a pony tail. His vision only saw the ground as his memory flashed by in his brain, some happy ones, some not so happy. The face didn’t show emotion, and his eyes didn’t budge from looking straight forward towards the viewport.

The monks in the Monastery tended to the Klingon woman giving child birth, the screams became too much for a few monks. With in a few minutes, the head of the child came out, and alas, a young full blooded Klingon boy was born. The mother Katala was over whelmed, however, the birth was too much for the proud Klingon, and when she was asked to give the child the name, she breathed her last.

The Klingon sighed deeply as he couldn’t help but remember the events past. All of them seemed to tick by with out interruption.

“Sir, I am Klingon, and I want to explore my true self. Therefore, I wish to leave the Monastery upon my 18th birthday.”

The Abbot looked at the Klingon now grown and nodded his head. He knew that the Klingon would have to find his own path, regardless on what it is.

“Jose, you have permission…”

Changing positions, he saw a reflection of his face, and in it he saw the blue eyes, the constant reminder the price he had to pay so many years ago. He lost his only friend due to an accident that could have been settled if he saw the lose line. Standing up, he walked slowly to the view port and rested his hands on the railing, leaning against it.

“MEDIC!”

Jose’s ears perched up when he turned around and saw a Klingon on the ground with a blade running clear threw the leg. Running over to him, amongst the phaser and rifle fire, Jose saw one go right threw his face and pass him, going some where he didn’t see. Kneeling down, he saw the Klingon’s eyes lock on him. Quickly, Jose didn’t bother to be introduced or introduce himself. Instead, he went right to the action, first grabbing the blade and yanking it out of the leg, causing the Klingon Warrior to scream a little. Quickly, he got his med kit and ripped part of the uniform, seeing the wound go farther up then he expected. With speed he put a pressure bandage around it and wrapped it good and tight.

"Good handy work...  be honored to have you among my weHwI' in the field...”

“No thank you sir, I’m a medic.”

Jose finished tightening the wound when he saw an Officer near them,

“New orders, we are to retreat, we cannot hold this position.”

“Sir, he needs help getting back to the fall back point.”

In the distance, another cry for a medic rang out. The officer got the wounded man and Jose ran over to the next Klingon, only to see him dead after an explosion. Running again, he grabbed a pistol and fired as he ran to the fall back point.

Turning around, he saw more and more people starting to wake up, and some were already getting food. He decided to get his meal and then watch the rest of the fights. While he was walking, he remembered one last event that took place.

“You shall be the new Flight Control Officer of the IKS meh’haj, Tap’ez commanding with the rank of lagh: Ragnos, son of Katala.”

He then remembered what his brain thought when the man telling him of his transfer gave him the order,

“My name is Jose Ragnos, son of Katala.”

Email View Profile   IP Logged
toreQ
Combatant

If the Wise are
fools, I'm a Drunk
Fool...

Re: The Vandetta of One's Soul
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2006, 2:34am

toreQ finally left his room, he was disappointed though to realize he had missed a match as he had slept threw half of the day before and night. He had only gotten up briefly at times to relieve himself. So now he was starved and headed to the restraunt. It was interesting that the last face he had seen before sleep was also the first he saw coming out. He made his way over, and stood there a moment trying to recall the name...

Ragnos looked over and saw the man who he helped out the day before and in the battle years before up and running and made his way over to Ragnos. toreQ seemed to be doing ok, except he was obviously having a hang over. "I see this time of the day isn't your time?"

"Perhaps... what time of day is it?" He knew he had slept long enough miss matches.. but he wasn't sure how long.

Looking at his watch, he gave a smirk and shook his head laughing, "0550"

"The next day? No wander starved..." He said as he practically waddled to the bar where food was. He was stiff from laying still so long and of course the injury with it.

Looking at his friend, he couldn't help but shake his head and seeing how much his leg improved from the other day. Getting his meals behind him, he made sure that he didn't get injured more. "So tell me about this...Tap'ez?"

"Ta'pez." He said, correcting the pronunciation. "I do not presume to speak for him."

Nodding, he got some soup, "Very well." After they got there meal, they sat down in roughly the same spot they met the lunch before.

toreQ caught a few lively qagh with his fingers and popped them into his mouth before speaking. "Are you the one who tended my wounds?"

Jose's memory flashed before his eyes as he caught a quick glance of the battle that occurred. "Last night yes."

toreQ noticed something odd about this one, other than the eyes. "Are you well?"

Taking a quick drink, he shook his head, and the memory faded, "Yes of course."

toreQ looked like he wasn't really sure he believed him, but he didn't press. "I owe you then for that. Was nice work."

Waving his hand, he didn't feel he should, "No, you don't owe me anything." He wasn't sure if he believed it, but he had to at least fake it.

"I do," He chuckled, "And you should know I have become well adapt to reading even less noticeable body language."

Jose looked at him and shook his head, grinning. "Well, that is a good skill to have. But just to let you know, you seriously don't owe me anything."

toreQ studied the man across from him. "I've seen you before..." He said almost distant.

Looking up, Jose didn't speak a word. He tried not to show emotion, but was interested on seeing where he remembered him from.

toreQ closed his eyes a moment... "You where a medic... you where treating wounded at a med station. Am I correct?"

Knowing he is now remembered, he simply nodded his head. "I was a medic yes."

toreQ nodded, "Them eyes. They are hard to not remember..."

Jose looked down and another memory took place. The worst one he had. It was so bad that it almost made him crush the cup he was carrying. "I know."

toreQ sighed, he knew what that meant and he ordered a bottle of Bloodwine, requesting it to be young and sweet. Minutes later toreQ had the bottle and slide it over to Jose. "Drink, my friend." toreQ remembered something else about the man but said nothing of it.

The memory faded when the wine was handed to him. Looking at the cup, witch is now cracked and partially broken, he shook his hand that made the cup fall from the hand. Grabbing another one, he filled it to the brim and gave one long gulp. After a little gasp of air, he got another one and started drinking it over and over again.

toreQ stopped Jose hand a moment and took the cup. He replaced it with a large tankard which would hold more.

"You are Klingon. Drink it like one."

Nodding, "Your right." He threw the tankard away and just drank it straight from the bottle, almost chugging it.

toreQ chuckled. Not quite what he meant but it worked. He got himself something to drink as well, but he ordered something light in alcohol content as he ate.

After he started to suck air, he took the bottle in his hand and broke it over his own skull. No blood came out and glass shards didn't go into it, but a nice clean break. "Always wanted to try that." Just then he put his hand over his mouth and let lose one long and ugly belch. Thirty seconds later, it stopped. "Excuse me."

toreQ chuckled and slapped Jose on the back. "What's this excuse me mean? Sound like you enjoyed the drink."

Laughing slightly, he replied, "I learned this from my original...masters you would call it."

"Master's? Teachers?"

"Well, it was a long time ago."

He asked, and then shrugged it off. "Good drink, even better qagh." He said as he hungrily ate the last of the qagh and went back for more food.

Ragnos looked at him and said, "I was originally under the care of Benedictine monks in Rome Italy."

toreQ looked quizzed, "Like Boreth Clerics?"

Shrugging his shoulders, he said, "Sort of. But that is a conversation for another time perhaps."

toreQ nodded, biting into his food. By now he ached, but the stiffness and pain was pretty much gone. The rest had done him well.

Jose didn't want to talk to him about the past, but the future seemed to work. "So how are your wounds?"

"Better. Sore, but better." He said, knowing from experience would probably take him at the least a week or 2 to recover completely. Time for the bones to heal and strengthen.

Looking at the wounds, he knew that things would take a while to heal, especially since he wouldn't go to Sickbay. "They will heal quickly." Nodding, he had nothing else to think about.

toreQ chuckled, "Least I wont be only one watching out for the kids now." He chuckled, knowing it would catch Jose of guard at first.

Looking at his friend, he couldn't comprehend it. "Kids?"

"The crew. Majority of them are younger than us." He grinned.

Laughing out loud, he nodded his head, "Please, I have to watch out for what the ship is flying into. Besides, your the security officer."

toreQ snorted, "Don't insult me my friend, I am weHwI' and always be weHwI'. A much greater job that some Security officer.

Looking at toreQ, he apologized, "My apologies."

"Bah! Don't apologize. Just drink with me." He grinned.

He couldn't help but think as the two Klingons drank.

toreQ plucked a few qagh and popped them in his mouth before the sauce, poisonous to them, killed them. Then offered some to Ragnos.

Shrugging his shoulders, he did what toreQ did with the sauce, and then popped them in his mouth, after a few chews, he actually liked it.

toreQ grinned, eating more before taking a drink.

"What should I call you, my friend?"

"Jose, Jose Ragnos, Ragnos Son of Katala is my official name, but the choice is up to you."

"Ragnos..." toreQ said as he got up once more for more food. "Now that I have asked you questions.. Do you have any?"

Shaking his head, he didn't have any thing to ask. "You wouldn't happen to know how the ship handles right?

"Not really. Never flown him." He chuckled.

"What about the crew, not the individuals, but how are they?"

He shrugged, "Odd assortment. Mixture of Full Bloods, Half-breeds, and Humans..." he chuckled. "The crew is built on loyalty, and they come together in many ways. Always something..." He trailed off as he remembered the events on the Journey to the Tourney."

Looking at toreQ, he smiled and thought about it deeply. Loyalty, honor, among other things, are considered.

"Yes... but sometimes you have to sacrifice one for another..." He said distantly.

The sensitive ears of Ragnos made him hear what he said. Looking at toreQ, he can see that something happened before they got there. Out of respect for him, Ragnos didn't go further.

Then toreQ turned to another note, "You have family?"

Shaking his head, "My mother died at child birth, and I do not know much about anything else."

toreQ nodded, but there was a spark in his eyes as he obviously had something he was proud of. "I have a wife and daughter." He grinned, "And now a new Son in law."

Grinning, that was something Ragnos probably would never have. "Congratulations."

toreQ took a heavy drink, "I just spoke to my Wife other night over comm. It seems that within the next year a new member of the family may be expected."

A low grin settled over his face as he heard the news. "Who is she?"

"She? Who said it was a she?" He chuckled. "Could be boy, or girl."  

Laughing he got out, "I mean your wife."

"Ahh... B'nar... Beautiful woman, strong willed and smart. Surprised she puts up with my absence.." He shook his head remembering. "We met about time of the Civil war."

Smiling, he drank some more water, since the blood wine made him a little loopy. "I never really got close to a woman, of any species."

"Why not!?" toreQ said in disbelief.

With out smiling, he pointed his figures at his eyes.

toreQ studied the eyes a moment, "Might find some woman who likes the eyes. After all, I found someone who liked a fool like me.. he chuckled

"No Klingon should have blue eyes." But that wasn't the excuse. "The main thing is...I, really don't fancy women that much."

toreQ just shrugged, enough of this. "Feel up to some sparring?"

His eyes lit up at the word. "Knife fight, or Bat'leth?"

"Or unarmed, whichever your prefer. Just will need to be done in the Arena."

He stood up and drank the last of his water before gently setting it down on the table. "Well, I’m glad your in a good mood." He pulled his knife and forced the blade into the table.

toreQ grinned, "So what will it be?"

"Knife fight." Grabbing a piece of cloth one meter long and about 10 centimeters wide, he remembered an old style of combat. "You bite on one end, I bite on the other. No one is allowed to spit it out."

toreQ looked at the cloth. He had a feeling that he was soon to have a new experience. "We should get to the Arena then."

Grinning he grabbed the knife and sheathed it. "After you, friend."

JP  
Ragnos lagh  
Chief Flight Control Officer  
IKS meH’Haj  

And

toreQ, House of Qortlh
ne'
weHwI' XO

Bio
Email View Profile WWW toreQ honortarg1 batlhtargh   IP Logged
K`Hare totlh
YaBB Administrator
betleH Judges

Get your own keg!

Re: The Vandetta of One's Soul
Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2006, 3:00am

OFF:

Quote from toreQ on Mar 1st, 2006, 2:34am:
"No Klingon should have blue eyes."

K'Hare does.  Satian does.... but then both have some non-Klingon blood.  Satian's are much like ragnos'.

Gowron had blue eyes.  General Chang had hazel... i.e. blue/grey.

K'Hare is a Colonial Klingon so some non-Klingon blood being in his line is expected and generally, blue eyes would mean some history with some non-Klingon, which isn't a bad thing, as long as its not noticed.  But Chang proves some Imperial Klingons have blue eyes.

K'Hare totlh
CO Klach D'kel Brakt
TFCO TF86
Forum admin for BFKC and betleH tourney
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread