Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
betleH tourney database

May 15th, 2024, 9:26pm
News: Check the Questions area and follow the instructions. Make sure you are listed on the manifest in the right place... as fighter or attendee... and make sure your attendance icons are set right.

Home Help Search Login
Host simm site

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread
Saved from Thugs... By who!? (Read 1644 times)
Bettina Davies
Active Attendee

Re: Saved from Thugs... By who!?
Reply #15 - Mar 1st, 2006, 3:59am

"Me?  No..."  Bettina laughed.  "No, I'm not a pirate.  Lord, my parents would have apoplexy!  I was in Starfleet at the time...no, what I meant was that he kept an eye on me, taught me some about fighting....it was him being a pirate that was the problem."  She shrugged.  "I had to tell Security about him.  He was wanted, after all, and I made an oath to Starfleet..."

USS Horizon
Email View Profile hallieorr emtpmolly   IP Logged
KentraDonrav
Combatant

Trills rule.

Saved from Thugs... By who!?
Reply #16 - Mar 1st, 2006, 11:27am

"Yes well I guess oaths are important," the trill nodded, she knew a little bit about those, "but never let an oath or some loyalty paper keep you from being loyal to what you feel in your heart is right.  I shouldn't be saying this, being that some how I'm a superior officer to you and thus probably a bad influence, but I disobey orders when it conflicts with my own beliefs."

"I had a large marine wanting me to take part in a raid on some rebels on a planet we were trying to prevent a civil war on, and I refused because I don't do violence.  So I tried to quit Starfleet and wouldn't have any part of it," she smiled, "the Captain later wouldn't accept my resignation but in order to stay true to myself I was ready to leave."

"Do you feel, by turning in your pirate, that you did still managed to stay true to yourself?"

<Tag>

Lieutenant Kentra Donrav
Chief Communications Officer
USS Laffey
View Profile   IP Logged
Bettina Davies
Active Attendee

Reply #17 - Mar 1st, 2006, 9:00pm

"That's the problem..."  Bettina looked up at her and shrugged, grateful for someone to listen, who had wisdom but wasn't tainted by knowledge of the situation or the participants.  "Both choices seemed right, but that couldn't be, right?  I mean, there is good in him, I owe him my life...but he's an assassin...and of course Security wants him...so what do I do?"  Sighing, she shook her head.  "Why does it have to be so complicated?"

USS Horizon
KentraDonrav
Combatant

Trills rule.

Reply #18 - Mar 1st, 2006, 9:54pm

On:

"If life wasn't complicated then there'd be no point to it," Kentra said, "life is the choices we make as much as anything else.  Now I can't answer the problem, but would he have hurt innocent people if he was to go free?  If the answer is yes, then turning him in may be the right thing.  If the answer is no... well Starfleet security wants a lot of people.  They've learned that you can't always get what you want."

<tag>

Lieutenant Kentra Donrav
USS Laffey
View Profile   IP Logged
Bettina Davies
Active Attendee

Reply #19 - Mar 1st, 2006, 10:45pm

Bettina laughed and nodded.  "Well, you're right on that count!  And he has said he wouldn't kill anyone who didn't need it, whatever that means..."  Then she shrugged.  "Of course, it's a completely different when the Chief of Security is glaring at you, reminding you of your duties...but you're right.  He's actually done some good in the city...routed out the Bixx..."  Smiling, she glanced at Kentra.  "Sorry, didn't mean to use you as a counselor.  But thank you for letting me..."

USS Horizon
KentraDonrav
Combatant

Trills rule.

Reply #20 - Mar 1st, 2006, 11:47pm

On:

Kentra laughed, "Well that's one job I haven't held.  But if he's spared your life, then it sounds like you owe him.  Maybe even giving him a headstart before you alert security might be enough.  What Starfleet doesn't know probably won't kill them."

"But don't listen to me, I'll probably never be promoted past Lieutenant."

"So how has your time on the station been?  Mine has been fun so far, though I'm a bit sore from being beaten up on by Klingons."

<Tag>

Lieutenant Kentra Donrav
USS Laffey
View Profile   IP Logged
Bettina Davies
Active Attendee

Reply #21 - Mar 2nd, 2006, 2:35am

Kentra laughed, "Well that's one job I haven't held.  But if he's spared your life, then it sounds like you owe him.  Maybe even giving him a headstart before you alert security might be enough.  What Starfleet doesn't know probably won't kill them."

"But don't listen to me, I'll probably never be promoted past Lieutenant."

Bettina shrugged, then grinned.  "I'd be happy for Ensign," she mumbled playfully.

"So how has your time on the station been?  Mine has been fun so far, though I'm a bit sore from being beaten up on by Klingons."

"It's been...well, fun, and I've managed to avoid Klingons."  Bettina grinned, then shrugged.  "I've made some good friends, it's going to be difficult to leave.  I mean, I know we can correspond, but it isn't the same thing.  So, you're participating in the fights...I don't care so much for pain!"  She laughed.

USS Horizon
K`Hare totlh
YaBB Administrator
betleH Judges

Get your own keg!

Reply #22 - Mar 2nd, 2006, 3:17am

OFF:

Quote from Bettina Davies on Mar 2nd, 2006, 2:35am:
[i]"It's been...well, fun, and I've managed to avoid Klingons." Bettina grinned, then shrugged. "I've made some good friends, it's going to be difficult to leave. I mean, I know we can correspond, but it isn't the same thing. So, you're participating in the fights...I don't care so much for pain!" She laughed.

I highly encourage people who meet here to be subspace penpals when they get back to their simms.  Think about it, you can write a post where you record a message and send it. You post that on your simm.  Then email the other person.  On their simm, they post receiving and playing your message their next time in their quarters and then they record and send back a response.  You can do this every few weeks updating each other in turn on what happens on your ship.  It makes the fleet seem smaller... and then you see each other at next years betleH tourney.

Nothing stops you from doing a subspace call and doing a JP you post in both places either... or link holodecks and have a dinner.

K'Hare totlh
CO Klach D'kel Brakt
TFCO TF86
Forum admin for BFKC and betleH tourney
View Profile   IP Logged
Ta`pez
Combatant

Glorious victories
are ahead of us

Reply #23 - Mar 2nd, 2006, 3:24am

OFF:  

Dating advice by Dr. Khears  Grin

Ta'pez 'ech
TF2X0 TF44
View Profile WWW Ta`pez Ta`pez tapez_meHHaj forcefedsleeper   IP Logged
KentraDonrav
Combatant

Trills rule.

Reply #24 - Mar 2nd, 2006, 5:10am

Kentra laughed, "The pain isn't so bad.  I mean you start to, not enjoy it but it makes you feel alive.  It's hard to explain, but I've sort of gotten good at explaining weird concepts since getting here.  Like how if I don't believe in using violence I'm entered into a bet'leth tournament."

She laughed again, "Don't ask unless you have to."

<tag>

Lieutenant Kentra Donrav
USS Laffey
View Profile   IP Logged
Bettina Davies
Active Attendee

Reply #25 - Mar 2nd, 2006, 7:33pm

Glancing at her, Bettina chuckled.  "I think I might in a way.  After all, I took an oath to do no harm, but that doesn't mean I won't defend myself or my patients if I have to."  She stopped at the door to Bryan's room.  "Thank you for staying with me and talking to me.  And for listening.  Maybe we can get together again?"

USS Horizon
KentraDonrav
Combatant

Trills rule.

Reply #26 - Mar 6th, 2006, 1:24am

"Maybe," Kentra said, "I'm heading back shortly after the tournament is over, but if I see you I'll stop and say hello.  Hopefully you'll do the same thing for me."

<tag>

Lieutenant Kentra Donrav
USS Laffey
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread