Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
betleH tourney database

Apr 19th, 2024, 1:00pm
News: The tourney begins Feb 6.

Home Help Search Login
Host simm site

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread
Just when you thought it was over (Read 1779 times)
Jackie Clawson
Combatant
Kitty's

Killer Kitty!

Just when you thought it was over
Feb 22nd, 2006, 8:37pm

Jackie looked her betleH over, feeling the jagged edges with a finger. She wasn’t going to be doing any fighting with this betleH, that’s for sure.  The broken edge threw the balance off entirely. There was only so much she could compensate for and it was difficult to even finish the last match with it, let alone win it. How she managed to win over Ta’pez was not clear in her mind, but the moment her betleH broke, something inside Jackie clicked into place and she went through the rest of the match acting purely on instinct coupled with her training and determination not to give up.

She let out a growl of frustration flipping the betleH’s broken end over to face the bottom as she looked at it from the other side. Even if she was out of the competition after this match, despite winning it, Jackie was still satisfied with the results. She was the only one to win again Ta’Pez in this tournament so far, even with her betleH breaking in the middle of the match.

"Glad it lasted this long.” She sighed. “Just need to source a new one now" she smirked “somehow” she shook her head lightly as she headed off from the arena in a slightly sour mood which the Caitian tried to hide as headed towards the exit.  “maybe it can wait until next year” she shook her head lightly, it’s not like she was moving up in the tournament anymore.  

“Hey you…furball!” a gruff voice caught her attention before she made it off the arena completely. "You have no honour”

Jackie narrowed her eyes, a low growl rising in her throat. She was irritated, annoyed and sore and beaten and hurt in a number of ways from all the battles she’d had to endure in the last several hours, and she was hardly in a good mood to deal with anyone who crossed her path right now.  

All the Caitian wanted to do was to fall where she stood and let sleep, if not the medical teams take her away; but she wasn’t about to let anyone know just how bad a condition she was in, not that she knew it herself. During the tournament’s last several matches, she relied on herself forcing herself to keep at it until it was truly over and she was alone to safely pass out in her quarters or until she took on too much and collapsed elsewhere.  

‘ignore him…’ she told herself as she continued walking with her hands clenched into fists.  But the Caitian didn’t get very far as someone grabbed her by the shoulder.  

“you dare ignore Ch’Pok?” the voice boomed, Jackie winced slightly at the volume of his voice.  “You are more dishonourable than I imagined” he snapped.  

“Explain…..” she snapped, slightly irritated as she tried to move.  

The Klingon swung her around to face him before releasing her.  

“Your fighting. You dishonour the betleH!” he sneered. “You tried to throw the match!”  

Jackie glared at the Klingon.  

“I might not fight like a Klingon, but I fight as best as I can, and I definitely did not throw any of the matches I fought in.” she said, having trouble keeping her tone straight and calm. “And you’re an expert in what is honourable during the betleH tournament, since when?” she snapped at him her temper getting the best of her.

“I am a Klingon. You Caitian fought dishonourable matches.” He barked his voice raising.  “How else could you defeat Ta’pez?”

“Oh I don’t know…. How about….because I managed to knock his blade out?” Jackie replied, she was about to turn and walk away from the Klingon when he next spoke.

“I challenge you to a match.” He glowered at her. “Right now, right here”  

“Sorry bud. That’s not on my agenda today” Jackie remarked as she pushed past him trying to go out of the arena.  

“I challenge you to a deathmatch, Caitian.” Ch’Pok yelled, his words carrying on far enough to be heard by some in the crowds. The crowd fell silent for a few moments before murmurs could be heard as the latest information spread through the crowds.  “Then I will show you true honour” he growled.  

Jackie stopped in her tracks, slowly turning around to face the Klingon, her ears flickering as the Caitian heard the words.  

“Your challenge is…. acceptable.” She narrowed her eyes and looked straight into his as she spoke the words.  

“5 minutes. Then I will show you what true honour is, right before you die, Caitian” he sneered as he went off the arena leaving Jackie staring after him, a low growl rising in her throat yet again.

“Crap…” she breathed. “*definitely* need to find a new betleH” she muttered, throwing a quick look around before disappearing off of the arena herself.  

‘nice going Clawson… barely a day in and already pissed someone off to the point of a deathmatch… keep it up, you’ll go places…’ she thought dryly. ‘what the hell were you thinking? You don’t even have a betleH now, how are you going to fight anyone now?’  

“Jackie are you nuts?” she spoke the last line out loud as she caught her breath outside of the arena, stopping to recollect her thoughts and come up with a strategy. “Wait.. don’t…don’t answer that.. course you are….” She said, letting out a sigh.  

“Okay calm down, it’s not that bad… not the worst situation yet….” She murmured, leaning against the bulkhead tapping her claws on the wall trying to think of what to do next.  

“yeah right.. okay so I don’t’ have a blade to fight with, otherwise it’s all fine.. …what’s the worst that can happen?” she queried herself shrugging a little. “well aside the whole you dying bit….which…” she smirked, suddenly grinning as she pushed herself away from the bulkhead.  

“you missed that haven’t you?” she threw back her head and laughed. “hooboy did you miss that whole ‘getting yourself into stupid situations’ bit….so what if you’re about ready to drop dead, you still push the envelope with things…..wait till Mark hears about this one.. “ she shook her head grinning widely, “if you live than long….” She added with a smirk.

She slapped herself on the head letting out a soft groan.  As if she wasn’t in enough pain from her last few matches alone as is, how would she ever face a Klingon? Let alone in a deathmatch? As it was the Caitian managed to get used to most of the pain, but the events of this day alone have taken their toll on her body physically, it was only her will that kept her up and going until further notice.  

Dan had been standing close by watching Jackie's match; he guessed she had no clue about it. Perhaps if he had allowed himself to be seen she would have been self conscious during the fight. He didn't want that, now the match was over he had no qualms about showing his face.  

His own match had gone badly, but he had expected that. Captain Bremer was much more skilled with a betleH than Dan could hope to be in a thousand years. He was thankful of that really; it had allowed him to catch the latter half of Jackie's match including the moment where her blade broke.

“Yes Jackie” Dan emerged from the shadows “You are crazy” he softened his rebuke with a smile “A death match against a Klingon? What will John say when he finds out”

Dan paused for a moment before adding “Who cares?”

He reached out and pulled Jackie's blade towards him and examined the break “Replicated” he asked inquisitively, the question didn't need an answer he could tell it was after holding his blade for a while.

“You can't fight with that” He gently tugged it from her grasp as he spoke, only to replace it with the blade poQ had given him the previous day “This is a good blade, poQ will probably skin me for doing this but I think you need it more than I do”

Deadly serious for a moment he spoke to Jackie “Don't dishonour the blade, fight well.”

Jackie’s pain and weariness seemed to have disappeared for a moment as Dan put the blade into her hands. She caught her breath feeling the blade, instantly aware of what it was since Dan mentioned it last night. She held the blade in her hands, feeling its age, only wondering who used it before Dan and what battles it had been in. Jackie took a hold of the blade with one hand as she tested the edges that were still sharp despite all the battles the blade has seen; her fingers ran over the inscriptions on the blade finally stopping on the seal of what was probably the House of Cheng.  

She glanced over at Dan, with renewed energy and spirit as she grasped the betleH tighter letting it touch her side. The Caitian searched for words to say to him, but came up with none, instead Jackie Clawson just gave the human a curt nod before turning around disappearing back into the arena, the Cheng blade held firmly in her hands intent on giving Ch’Pok a good opposition and more than that, intent to not dishonour the Cheng blade.

Jackie had no idea what she was in for once she entered the arena once again, but she was certain, if she were going down, she would be putting up one hell of a fight.

OFF:  
Note: this sideplot has been approved by Taylor, any issues, contact 'im.  

Open tag for crowd reactions/thoughts/etc. actual match coming up in a few hours.

Rear Admiral Jackie Clawson
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon - A
Task Force CO
Task Force 58
----------
USS Horizon: http://horizon.taylord1.co.uk
Task Force 58: http://tf58.bravofleet.com
Biography: http://horizon.taylord1.co.uk/main.php?pageref=bio&crewid=47
Email View Profile WWW Jackie Clawson BFJackieClawson BFJackieClawson   IP Logged
AChadwick
Serenity Crew

Serenity Base
Constable

Re: Just when you thought it was over
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:04pm

Alex swallowed hard as he approached the admiral.Why was she going to do something like this?Alex tried to stop himself from talking to her....wanting instead to go back to his office and plan how he was going to stop this.....he couldn't let two people kill each other especially not her.He liked her she was the first admiral aside from jefferson that had actually talked to him like he was a real person not a junior grade officer.He coughed hard to try and get clawson's attention.

LT.Alex Chadwick
Chief Constable
Serenity Base
View Profile   IP Logged
Jackie Clawson
Combatant
Kitty's

Killer Kitty!

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:08pm

Jackie's ears flickered at the cough, she whirled around, her eyes narrow, she blinked recognizing Chadwick.  

"Lieutenant?" she said, her voice calm and collected, as there was a certain spark in her eyes that could either pass for determination  , suicide, refusal to give up or something entirely different. But the Caitian no longer felt tired or hurt, not now, not when she had another match to fight.

Commanding Officer
USS Horizon - A
Task Force CO
Task Force 58
----------
Email View Profile WWW Jackie Clawson BFJackieClawson BFJackieClawson   IP Logged
AChadwick
Serenity Crew

Serenity Base
Constable

Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:15pm

Alex Frowned she looked at him puzzled at the look on his face one of sadness fear and determination.He didnt quite know what to say.

"I saw what happened......You can't really want to face him like that.He means to kill you."

LT.Alex Chadwick
Chief Constable
Serenity Base
View Profile   IP Logged
Jackie Clawson
Combatant
Kitty's

Killer Kitty!

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:19pm

"It's not a matter of wanting or not. " Jackie said. "It's something that has to be done. He challenged me  to a disarm match... challenged my honor, I refused, he escalated that to a death match. I don't have a lot of choice. Unless you want me to cancel the whole deal and thus tell him that I did indeed cheat or threw the match" she shifted the Cheng blade into her other hand before continuing.  

"Besides, just because he means to kill me, doesn't mean he will" Jackie grinned, revealing her fangs at that.

Commanding Officer
USS Horizon - A
Task Force CO
Task Force 58
----------
AChadwick
Serenity Crew

Serenity Base
Constable

Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:28pm

Alex frowned.

"Your not a klingon.Who besides another insane darn
 klingon would believe that guy over you?

Alex tried to hide his distaste for klingon and there "honor" practices he didnt do a good job.
He watched the admiral shifting the betleH in her hands and looked up at her.

"I do trust you and believe in your ability...I don't trust him or his motives."

LT.Alex Chadwick
Chief Constable
Serenity Base
View Profile   IP Logged
Jackie Clawson
Combatant
Kitty's

Killer Kitty!

Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:36pm

"I don't either. So I'm going out there to proove him wrong." she smiled. "at the very least I already answered his challenge, I cannot back out now. But....I can promise you this, Lieutenant..." Jackie smiled. "it's gonna be one hell of a fight" she said, her eyes gleaming with anticipation

Commanding Officer
USS Horizon - A
Task Force CO
Task Force 58
----------
AChadwick
Serenity Crew

Serenity Base
Constable

Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:40pm

Alex shook his head and frowned.

"I have no doubt about that.I just hope it turns out how we all would like."

Alex was allready plotting in his mind what he would do if the admiral should lose.

LT.Alex Chadwick
Chief Constable
Serenity Base
View Profile   IP Logged
Jackie Clawson
Combatant
Kitty's

Killer Kitty!

Reply #8 - Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:43pm

Jackie smiled, she reached out and patted Chadwick on a shoulder.  

"Trust me, Lieutenant." she said. "I've gotten out of worse situations before" she grinned widely before turning around and dissapearing into the arena.

Commanding Officer
USS Horizon - A
Task Force CO
Task Force 58
----------
Jackie Clawson
Combatant
Kitty's

Killer Kitty!

Reply #9 - Feb 23rd, 2006, 5:37am

ON:  

For the eighth time this day Jackie entered the arena to face an opponent and test her skills once again. There were differences this time, however. This match wasn’t part of the tournament, the stakes were higher than just disarm and move on in the tournament.  This was Jackie’s first deathmatch, in her mind she still thought she was insane for accepting it, but there was no going back, and the Caitian was not intending to give up. If she lost the match , she lost her life, if she won the match and it had to get to her killing the Klingon, she’d lose her freedom and commission for sure. The Caitian was prepared to go either way as she set foot onto the arena.

Her opponent was already there, taking a few practice swings with his own betleH. Jackie’s eyes settled on Ch’Pok, her eyes betrayed no weaknesses as she showed no sign of weariness or fear as she faced Ch’Pok, still holding her blade in one hand.

Ch’Pok caught his blade in both hands

“Ready to learn your lesson, Caitian?” he sneered.

In response, Jackie confidently hefted the blade Dan had given her into her hands, her eyes glinting with anticipation of a good fight.  

The Klingon let out a belly laugh.  

“We’ll see how tough you are, kitty” he chuckled as he brought his blade up.

Jackie mirrored his move, their blades nearly touching, Jackie smirked as Ch’Pok briefly hesitated as he glanced at her blade.  

“Get ready to meet your death, Caitian.” Ch’Pok spoke in a low voice, gripping his betleH tighter.  

“You do anything other than just talk?” Jackie snapped, “I’m not getting any younger here” she said, slightly repositioning her grip on her betleH.

The Klingon snarled, clearly not amused at her attitude, Jackie smirked.  

“It will be my pleasure to cut that smirk right off of your face” Ch’Pok said in a low tone.  

Jackie rolled her eyes.  

“Hey bumps… are we here to talk or fight? This *is* a deathmatch is it not?” she inquired. “Unless your intent is to bore me to death with your words,” she noted. “In which case, I can honestly say you are doing well so far”  

Without a word, the Klingon swung his betleH at the Caitian letting out a loud growl. Jackie blocked it with ease, their blades met then untangled again as the Caitian launched a volley of swings at the Klingon.  

He parried each one, throwing a few Klingon curses her way, Jackie matched his stride and moves and almost mirrored him swinging her blade at him with each pass.  She ignored the jostles that came from the crowd, she ignored her body’s silent screams for aid; instead the Caitian was in full fighting mode, not holding back anything she might have held back during the tournament.  

This time the stakes were way higher than just a win by disarm.  Jackie yelped as she ducked Ch’Pok’s incoming blade, she thrust her blade forward and the ends of her easily imbedded themselves into his armour. The Caitian thrust the blade backwards as she leapt to her feet and swung it around just in time to meet Ch’Pok’s blade with a loud clang.  

Their blades locked, Jackie’s eyes narrowed, she grinned as she took a step forward slightly shifting her blade at that and thus establishing a firmer lock on Ch’Pok’s betleH with her own blade. Their eyes met, Ch’Pok cursed at her in Klingon once again, Jackie smiled, offering him a sly grin.

Ch’Pok probably knew what was coming next, as the Caitian took a step back and simultaneously twisted her blade to one side, then yanked it up releasing the lock on their blades and making Ch’Pok stumble in the process but he barely hung onto his blade.  

Jackie took a step back, lowering her blade a little to show him a sign that she was giving him a moment to recover. She held her blade up again as Ch’Pok came swinging at her once again.  She growled.  

“Now who’s fighting without honour?” she asked as their blades locked once again and the Caitian’s face was an inch from Ch’Pok’s face.

The Klingon sneered; Jackie pulled back her lips revealing her fangs.

“I am merely taking all my options….” He replied, twisting his blade up to try to push Jackie away. He thrust her blade at her, imbedding the tip of his betleH several inches into her shoulder. Jackie recoiled as pain shot through her body, catching her breath, the Caitian held her blade firmly in place as she gritted her teeth.  

“Oh right… options” Jackie shot back, twisting her blade to the side to keep her balance and his blade away from herself. Narrowing her eyes, Jackie held her blade close to herself for a moment as she calculated her next move for a mere half a second.  

Jackie launched a volley of strikes on the Klingon, each well aimed strike driving him back step by step as the Caitian refused to relent and just came back with full force each time he blocked her attack.  

“That’s for saying I fight without honour” she said as she swung her blade at the Klingon, their blades connected briefly before she broke through his defences and her blade cut into his armour.  

“That’s for being you” She growled, landing her betleH into his armour yet again, this time piercing right through to his skin.  

Ch’Pok yelped with rage or pain, Jackie wasn’t sure, but she didn’t care. All bets were off this time. If in the tournament she had to be careful not to kill her opponent, this was different.  

She ducked his blade as it came swinging over her head. That strike could’ve very well have ended it for her if she was a moment too slow.  

“Time to end this…” She murmured her eyes narrow. She crouched and swung her blade at Ch’Pok’s feet successfully locking her blade right in between his feet. Twisting the blade around and thrusting the blade forward at his foot, Jackie saw the blade enter Ch’Pok’s foot, the Klingon yelped stumbling and cursing before throwing his blade at her from where he stood.  

Jackie yelped, her betleH still in her hands, the Caitian leapt up as the blade passed her grazing her side as she averted most of it. Landing on her feet she stumbled as her side started to burn and she felt blood seeping through the cut.

Her eyes met Ch’Pok’s as the Klingon growled viciously, Jackie was the only one armed right now, and they both knew it. The crowd knew it as well.

She approached him, her tail twitching behind her, her breath caught in her throat, her betleH at her side.  In a swift move, lifting the blade up, Jackie slammed the blunt edge of the blade into the Klingon sending him reeling back, she sent him flying to the ground with a well aimed kick.  

But the Caitian wasn’t through yet…

“You wanted a deathmatch…..?” she asked, as she literally stepped on the Klingon’s chest with one foot pinning him down firmly to the ground as she swung the blade around and stopped merely an inch near his neck.  She gazed down into his eyes her own eyes radiating with fire as she let out a low growl, grasping her blade tighter.  She was close to making the kill.  

Jackie and Ch’Pok stared at each other, looking into each other’s eyes trying to see what the other one was thinking.  Part of her urged her to make the kill, but part of her knew that the second she’d kill Ch’Pok, she’d also kill her career, but that wasn’t what worried her more….

She glanced at the blade in her hands, the end still aimed at the Klingon who dared not to move. Jackie remember the scene in sickbay aboard the Horizon;  Jackie remembered what Dan had said to her before she went out there…

"Go on you have to kill him, to lay beaten but not dead is a great dishonour!" a yell came from somewhere in the crowd. Jackie tensed up, the idea tempting her in her mind as she grasped her blade tighter.  Deep down the Caitian had already won, whether the Klingon dies or lives.  

“You are the one without honour, Ch’Pok” Jackie growled, her voice carrying over the arena, the tip of her blade touching his neck and digging deeper into his neck inflicting a small cut. “I could kill you right now, but I would only be dishonouring myself” she spoke meeting his gaze.  “And an honourless challenger, carries no weight in my eyes” she said, flipping her blade up and away from his neck.  

The Caitian lifted her foot from his chest; Ch’Pok instantly pulled himself up to a half sitting position baring his teeth at her in a scowl.  Jackie stopped him in his tracks with a glare then a quick but sharp hiss, before she swung her blade around and walked off the arena leaving Ch’Pok and the crowd in stunned silence.

Jackie held her breath as she stepped outside of the arena still holding the betleH she fought with. She released the breath, taking in another one as she assessed her situation ‘it’s over’ she thought, as she let her mind drop her defences. The Caitian’s head snapped back as a volley of pain engulfed her.  

“crud…” she muttered, this was the moment she hated, the aftermath.. after she went on a high defensive in such a way, when that was over, and the adrenaline had worn off it came back to haunt her in a bad way.  

Jackie saw a few medical people coming up, she waved them away. She grumbled under her breath blinking a few times, before telling herself she had to make it to her quarters before she could allow herself to collapse. Grabbing a stronger hold on her betleH and clenching her other hand around the fresh cut on her side as she held her breath, the Caitian started moving towards the wall of honour to put the blade back before heading back to her quarters.  

She didn’t make too far before she dimly heard the clatter of a blade, and within a moment of that, the Caitian lost a grip on her senses. Unable to keep going, she let out a short moan as her knees buckled and she crumpled to the ground next to the Cheng blade.  

OFF:
Crowd reactions during match/after.. dissapointments that no one got killed... Wink

Commanding Officer
USS Horizon - A
Task Force CO
Task Force 58
----------
AChadwick
Serenity Crew

Serenity Base
Constable

Reply #10 - Feb 23rd, 2006, 5:58am

Alex left the spectator stands and ran after the admiral.He wanted to congratulate her on the win.And him not having to arrest her was a plus!.He rounded the corner toward the wall of honor and paused as he saw a betleH lying on the deck....He picked it up and looked up the admiral was lying on the deck unconcious.He ran to her side and hit his comm badge.

=/\=Chadwick to transporter control medical emergency two to beam directly to sickbay!=/\=

LT.Alex Chadwick
Chief Constable
Serenity Base
View Profile   IP Logged
Taylor
YaBB Administrator
Host CO
Combatant
Serenity Crew

Dude! Where's my
starship?!

Reply #11 - Feb 23rd, 2006, 6:18am

Dan stood watching, he smiled as Jackie walked away from Ch'Pok. It worried him that he had been so ready to let her fail and plunge that blade in to the Klingon, deep inside he knew it was the only answer to at least some of her problems. Whether she realised it or not Jackie had shown the maturity needed of a Flag Officer, the risks were plain to see, the desires of her heart burned brightly.

Yet she hadn't given in to them.

If only he could say the same himself. Perhaps one day he could help enough people to ease his own aching conscience.

He turned to leave instead of waiting around to congratulate here, there were issues he needed to attend to. A message from Starfleet was waiting for him in his office a priority message that he probably shouldn't have ignored for as long as he had done.  

Thankfully her attack on Doctor Powell seemed to have been a one off. She had faced one of her personal daemons to find that out. Now it was time for Dan to face his daemons, he hoped he could be as strong.

Taylor
Intel Specialist
Serenity Base
[Bio]
Note New IM Details
Email View Profile WWW Taylor SerenityBaseCO SerenityBaseCO   IP Logged
Jackie Clawson
Combatant
Kitty's

Killer Kitty!

Reply #12 - Feb 23rd, 2006, 7:18am

<Sickbay – 2 hours later>  

Jackie woke up with a gasp.

“Take it east ma’am, you’ll be okay”  

The Caitian blinked as the room came into focus. Wait.. why was she there? This wasn’t the Horizon’s sickbay. How did she end up here?  

“CRUD…..” she muttered, reaching out to hold her head as it all came back to her: the seemingly endless betleH matches, the deathmatch landing the final blow to her to land her into the place she dreaded mostly: sickbay.  

She closed her eyes for a moment, her headache was gone for most part, most of her major cuts and bruises seemed to have been neutralized as well. The cut on her side was still being healed, but the Caitian felt that she was patched up for most part even if she still was a little dazed.  

“I’m fine” she spoke, her tone calm, but a little quiet, she wondered what they’d injected her with and what they’d done.  

She attempted sitting up, but the nurse held up a hand looking up from her tricorder thus stopping the Caitian from moving.  The Caitian looked at the petty officer in a medical uniform.  

“No really…” Jackie insisted forcing a smile, however dazed she felt right now.  

She took a moment to recollect her thoughts before she leapt off the bio bed. She caught herself catching the end of the biobed before she lost her balance.  

“I’m fine, see?” she said.  

“No, you aren’t Ma’am” the petty officer replied, “you still have several injuries that have not been fully healed and your concussion is still not..”

Jackie cut her off gently.  

“Nothing a little sleep can’t heal.” Jackie shrugged, not that she was going to get much if she could help it.  

“I’d like you to stay here for observation for a few hours at least, Ma’am”  

Jackie shook her head.

“negative.” She said. “I’m well enough not to be observed anymore” she noted eyeing the door.

“Please.. Admiral….” The petty officer spoke again waving her tricorder. “Do you even know how extensive your injuries are?” she asked. “ you are lucky to be awake so soon”  

“Gee.. been hearing that one a lot lately” Jackie remarked, leaning on the bio bed a bit as she glanced at the petty officer. “Lemme ask you something…” Jackie said. “What condition am I in according to the tricorder there?”  

“Stable, ma’am” the petty officer responded, not quite sure where the Caitian was going with this.  

Jackie smiled.  

“and if I’m stable…and awake enough to talk to you without any issues, doesn’t that tell you I’m fine?” she asked.  

“Well yes, but you might have a relapse, plus your injuries have not yet been fully healed.”  

“All injuries heal with time” Jackie spoke. “I’ll be sure to get some rest and take it easy for a bit” she said.  

“Ma’am, I can’t let you….”

Jackie gently cut her off.

“Trust me, Petty Officer, I’ve been through worse and was able to be back out there within hours. I really don’t have time to lie around count the bulkheads in sickbay if I can be doing something else.” She said. “Save your skills for someone who really DOES need them” she noted.  

With that she pushed herself off the biobed and strode out the door and out of sickbay leaving the Petty Officer pondering over what she’d said to her. Petty Officer Yates wasn’t sure how she was going to explain this one to her Chief.  

OFF

Commanding Officer
USS Horizon - A
Task Force CO
Task Force 58
----------
AChadwick
Serenity Crew

Serenity Base
Constable

Reply #13 - Feb 23rd, 2006, 7:28am

Alex walked back into sickbay he had reurned the admiral's betleH to the wall of honor and got caught up in a security situation.I had taken the better part of an hour.He wanted an update on the admirals condition.He walked to the biobed where he left her and pulled back the curtain.She was gone.Alex turned toward the on duty tech.

"Petty Officer where is admiral clawson?"Alex asked  

The petty officer slowly turned and smiled hesitantly.

"She umm ahh she left sir."

Alex's eyes grew wide.She had been in no condition to leave she had to have had a concussion at the very least.

"Was she cleared to leave?"

the petty officer swallowed hard and shook her head no.

"And she was allowed to just walk out of sickbay in her condition!"

Alex's face began to turn red with anger.he knew the CMO might have been busy but still this tech should have known better.He raised his voice loud enough for everyone in the bay to hear it.

"Maybe the people working here in sickbay need a bit more training!You do not allow anyone in starfleet regardless of rank to walk away from needed medical treatment if you have to you call me and i will restrain them.Next time ask someone or say something to your darn
 boss before you let anyone just walk away from here!"I will be speaking to the CMO about your actions today."

With that alex turned on his heel and tried to go looking for the admiral.

LT.Alex Chadwick
Chief Constable
Serenity Base
View Profile   IP Logged
Grenn
Combatant

Pyro Kitty *BURN!*

Reply #14 - Feb 23rd, 2006, 4:24pm

<<Random Corridor - 10 minutes after Jackie left sickbay>>

Walking down the hallway, Yolen'da saw a familiar person walking towards her. They didn't seem too overly concerned with standing on ceremony.  

"Heeeey. There she is. Great job showing that Klingon up. Not to mention showing Caitians aren't as weak as some people think." Yolen'da said, walking with her.

"Man, you look like hell." she said, noticing a few healed cuts that would require a second round of healing after they worked on their own to minimize scarring. Then, they'd have to be passed with a dermal regenerator to allow the fur to grow back normally.  

OFF: Tags! Smiley

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread