Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
betleH tourney database

May 15th, 2024, 10:35am
News: We are still accepting and reviewing characters... tell your friends to sign up now.

Home Help Search Login
Host simm site

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread
Kansas City straggles in (Tag Jefferson, Cloe) (Read 971 times)
Commodore Malkus
Combatant

Klingons rule... My
Left Foot!

Kansas City straggles in (Tag Jefferson, Cloe)
Feb 17th, 2006, 4:59am

ON:

The USS Kansas City had only just arrived at Serenity Base. It was here that barely less than a year before Malkus had been promoted to Commodore and given command of the new Insignia-Class starship USS Kansas City by the hand of Admiral John Jefferson. His ship change had been facilitated by the destruction of the old USS Rome, a New Orleans Class vessel, at the hands of Orion pirates who were being aided by the Tal'Shiar.

Sighing, Malkus gazed through the viewport at the rapidly approaching station. He would need to meet with Admiral Jefferson, his Task Force Commanding Officer, at some point during the tournament. There were events that the Admiral would need to be briefed on, including a disturbing new development among the Kzinti. It would appear that those furrballs were up to something.

Truth be told though, Malkus had had a second ulterior motive for wanting to enter the tournament and visit Serenity during this time period. He knew that his beautiful Cloe would be coming with the Deep Space Seven contingent, and he was hoping to have a chance to catch up with her some, as it were.

Bettina had seen that the Kansas City was in orbit and checked to be sure that Captain Malkus was still with the ship.  She had heard that he had taken her over, and decided to pay him a visit, if he would see her.

After gaining clearance to beam to the ship, she was directed to his ready room.  Taking a breath, she tapped the chime and waited to be acknowledged.

Startled out of his thoughts, Malkus called out. "Enter."

Stepping into the room, she broke into a smile when she saw him.  "Sir!  Hello..."  He was a Commodore now!  "Petty Officer Second Class, reporting, sir!"

"Petty Officer Second Class... I seem to remember thinking you'd never amount to even a Crewman Recruit, Ms. Bettina Davies," Malkus said, when the doors parted and she entered. "I have been proven wrong I see, though not unpleasantly so. Please, sit."

"Aye, sir."  She settled into a chair, unsure.  "Uh...congratualtions.  I'm not the only one who has been promoted...and the Kansas City is a beautiful ship..."

"Thank you. Rumor has it you serve with Admiral Emerson now at Atlantis, correct," Malkus asked with a small smile. He really was quite pleased that the young woman had turned around.

"Aye.."  A blush came to her cheeks.  "You really followed me, sir?  I'm flattered...and I hope I have done you proud..."  She smiled.  "It's only because of the foundations you laid..."

"I can't take all the credit. Those foundations would have been for nought if you hadn't allowed them to take root and actually used them to better yourself," Malkus replied, standing. "Can I offer you a drink?"

Commodore Malkus
Task Group Alpha Commanding Officer
Task Force 72
Commanding Officer
USS Kansas City
Email View Profile bigmac66210 SBUDBAYTER   IP Logged
Bettina Davies
Active Attendee

Re: Kansas City straggles in (Tag Jefferson, Cloe)
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2006, 5:56am

"Yes, please.  Iced tea, sir."  Smiling, she shrugged.  "A lot has happened since I got to DS7.  Some people had confidence in me...I love my job, sir, and want to be the best..."

TAG
Malkus

USS Horizon
Email View Profile hallieorr emtpmolly   IP Logged
Commodore Malkus
Combatant

Klingons rule... My
Left Foot!

Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2006, 12:06am

"You always were enthusiastic to do you job, even as a cadet. But, you've now tempered that enthusiasm with a maturity that you didn't possess before. I also see from your records that you've completed Combat Medic's training, a worthy profession," Malkus said as he stood and moved around from behind his desk to go to the replicator. "Computer, one iced tea and one mug of hot water."

The drinks materialized in the bin and Malkus picked them up, one in each paw. Moving back behind his desk, he handed Bettina the one she had ordered. "Are you enjoying being planet-side?"

Commodore Malkus
Task Force 72
Commanding Officer
USS Kansas City
Bettina Davies
Active Attendee

Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2006, 7:38pm

"Thank you..."  She accepted the tea, then shrugged.  "Wherever Starfleet assigns me...Allura is beautiful, though, and I do get a chance to fly sometimes, so I can get my fix there...And yes, I was put through Marine training, since I seem to have a way of getting mixed up in their battles.  Major Blair ran me through the marksman course, and I qualified..."  She beamed proudly.  "It was a lot of work, and I still have to keep at it...getting over the wall was the hardest, but Sgt. Loi pulled me up...she said we were a team and..."  Her cheeks blushed.  She always had a way of rambling on.  "But what about you, sir?  You're looking healthy since I left...even looks like the hair you pulled out over me has grown back!"

USS Horizon
Commodore Malkus
Combatant

Klingons rule... My
Left Foot!

Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2006, 5:26pm

"Things go, Bettina. Crewmen die. Ships get shot out from under you. Things happen, and sometimes even the CO has no real power over them, you know what I mean," Malkus asked, sipping on his tea and turning pensive.

Commodore Malkus
Task Force 72
Commanding Officer
USS Kansas City
Bettina Davies
Active Attendee

Reply #5 - Feb 24th, 2006, 12:51am

"I'm sorry, sir..."  Sitting forward, she looked up at him.  "Hasn't there been anything to make you smile?  Am I going to have to come back to the Kansas City for good?  Cheer  you up?"

USS Horizon
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread