Match parameters (Read 434 times)
K`Hare totlh
YaBB Administrator
betleH Judges

Get your own keg!

Match parameters
Feb 16th, 2006, 6:55pm

OFF:

Small technical point.  The matches are by default to disarm.  In this round you are allowed to change that to knockout or first blood or simular.

You can't do that change in phaseII since the combat is all automated.  Though one could post an alternate match on the forum to explain the win and again, choose to change the rules of winning.

In phase three, since we expect the pair of fighters to post their match, again, you can simply agree to change the rules.  But if the fighters don't agree, the match is to disarm.

First blood (not strike), Disarm, and knockout are the usual ways to have a combat.  Disarm is the default for the tourney.

K'Hare totlh
CO Klach D'kel Brakt
TFCO TF86
Forum admin for BFKC and betleH tourney
View Profile   IP Logged
Ta`pez
Combatant

Glorious victories
are ahead of us

Re: Bat'leth? What's that?
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2006, 3:35pm

can we request for that to be changed? if both players agree?

Ta'pez 'ech
TF2X0 TF44
View Profile WWW Ta`pez Ta`pez tapez_meHHaj forcefedsleeper   IP Logged
K`Hare totlh
YaBB Administrator
betleH Judges

Get your own keg!

Re: Match parameters
Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2006, 7:02pm

Can you be more specific?  You mean you want to change one of your tourney matches to sparring or first blood?

I am not too comfortable with that.  I have spent a lot more time on disarm matches and looking for bugs.  Maybe if we planned it before hand and had the phase II be 9 rounds, 2 of them first blood..... something we planned beforehand.

I'd say for this year no, since we are in the middle but you can make the argument to allow it next year.

Note that for phase III we will use the program on the disarm setting to determine the winner, but since you guys post the match details, the two of your could agree to have the match, in character, be first blood or knockout or whatever.  Does that make sense?  The webpage will say X wins in disarm, but your post on the forum can say whatever.   I don't even mind if you do that for phaseII if you are posting the match details, I just don't feel comfortable using a different setting IN THE PROGRAM for a real match, if you follow.

K'Hare totlh
CO Klach D'kel Brakt
TFCO TF86
Forum admin for BFKC and betleH tourney
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread