Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
betleH tourney database

May 15th, 2024, 5:53pm
News: We are still accepting and reviewing characters... tell your friends to sign up now.

Home Help Search Login
Host simm site

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread
Food Court (Read 2968 times)
Khoal
Active Attendee

Klingons rule.

Re: Food Court
Reply #60 - Mar 2nd, 2006, 3:52am

"Rude?"  He stared at her unblinking and looked a little angry.  "What makes you so timid little girl?"

He took a bite of something bland on his plate and then looked up and smiled.  "Actually, amongst Klingons I am told I am too friendly.   What you are calling rude is proper Klingon behavior.  We don't mince words.  We are direct.  We do nothing with a reason."  And then looking at the Trill, "And we don't coddle."  He looked back at the young girl.  "If you are asking questions about relationships then you are old enough to learn, but that doesn't mean you are ready to be involved in with an older man.   What will you do when he finally tells you about his wife... or his son that is a few years younger... or older then you?  Are you ready for that?  Age matters.  It matters less when you, yourself,"  he emphisized that while glancing at the Trill, "are older and have more experience.  But if you and the other are not nearly equal in maturity, or experience, or expectations, it will end badly."

OFF:

And don't splice this... you aren't supposed to have time to react in the middle.  He is playing with you a little, trying to get you mad or annoyed to make a point.

Khoal Soghla', House qoli'qoS
ra'wI' QeDpIn (Chief Science Officer)
Klach D'kel Brakt
Bio
View Profile   IP Logged
KentraDonrav
Combatant

Trills rule.

Food Court
Reply #61 - Mar 2nd, 2006, 5:02am

On:

Kentra laughed, angrily, "You say you do not coddle and that age matters but if Kenin was a Klingon male she would have been strapped in armour and sent off to fight for the empire or in some House blood war.  I was at the burial of my previous hosts' son, he was raised to be like his mother's people and so he joined in a typically stupid Klingon clan war over some antiquated notion of honour and he ended up dead.  He was maybe two years older than she is."

"Not coddling put my son... Denax's son in a grave.  I watched him being put in a grave, and while if his father had been alive instead of just another part of my memories, he would have been proud I couldn't help but think about how tragic it was that a young boy died."

She fought back tears.  This rant had been building since she got on the station, immersed in Klingon culture again, and she realized it wasn't even really about Kenin's dating an older boy, but about a son that wasn't hers that she had had to bury, and whose bet'leth she now used.

She tried to get her stream of words back on topic.

"If you don't coddle then why would you want her to hold back?  If she loves an older man and then that is her choice.  If he's married than she will have to deal with that, but that's an if and a maybe.  If it ends in tears at least that meant it began, and that's worth more than it never starting," she said.

"Did I cry to watch a young Klingon I'd never met, but I remembered fathering, be put into the ground?  Yes I did, but do I wish for a moment that he'd never been born?  No.  So don't try to tell us that because something might end badly it should not be begun."

"That's not a very Klingon way of looking at things," she said and crossed her arms, to keep herself from trying to reach over and hitting the Klingon, which would have surely been against her personal code of pacifism.

<tag both>

Lieutenant Kentra Donrav
Chief Communications Officer
USS Laffey
View Profile   IP Logged
Khoal
Active Attendee

Klingons rule.

Reply #62 - Mar 2nd, 2006, 5:28am

"A Klingon of 17 or 18 is far from being a child.  Many at that age have 5 years of experience in war.  But Klingons mature physically and emotionally sooner than humans."  He took a bite.  "Even so, I doubt a young, but seasoned Klingon warrior is ready for the war with an emotional be'."

He paused to consider the rest of what she said.  "I would not send my 13 year old son to battle ta'pez or satian to the death if honor didn't demand that I do.  Maybe after 5 years of battle and war, he'd have learned enough and it would be more appropriate.  I already said, she is asking the questions so she is ready to learn, but that doesn't mean she is ready to be involved with someone who is twice her age.  You must crawl before you can walk."

Klach D'kel Brakt
Bio
View Profile   IP Logged
KentraDonrav
Combatant

Trills rule.

Food Court
Reply #63 - Mar 2nd, 2006, 5:35am

"Who even said he was twice her age?" Kentra asked, "Simply that he is older, unless you know more of the story than I do?"

"And there you go again, you say you would send a child to his death if honour demanded it.  Well that's why I won't ever be mistaken for a Klingon, because I don't care what honour might demand, a life is more important than any medieval concept of honour."

<Tag>

Lieutenant Kentra Donrav
USS Laffey
View Profile   IP Logged
Khoal
Active Attendee

Klingons rule.

Reply #64 - Mar 2nd, 2006, 5:52am

"I don't know the story.  I don't know that he isn't just 5 years older and I don't know if he has a wife or child.  you were saying age didn't matter and I was making the argument."

He took a long drink.  "And I already knew you were a racist so your lack of respect for Klingon honor doesn't surprise me."

Klach D'kel Brakt
Bio
View Profile   IP Logged
KentraDonrav
Combatant

Trills rule.

Food Court
Reply #65 - Mar 2nd, 2006, 6:05am

"Racist?  I come to this tournament, to honour your people's customs and traditions and all any Klingon wants to do is get away from me because being a pacifist makes me unworthy in their eyes.  Because of that belief I'll be nothing more than a petaQ with a worm in my belly," Kentra shot back, "So much for honouring other's beliefs."

<Tag>

Lieutenant Kentra Donrav
USS Laffey
View Profile   IP Logged
Khoal
Active Attendee

Klingons rule.

Reply #66 - Mar 2nd, 2006, 6:27am

"You are a pacifist too?  No wonder you have no respect for Klingons.  You seem to misunderstand me.  You claim the maturity of a thousand years of experience but you don't understand why a Klingon would be proud that his young son died in battle.  You believe your way is better and have disdain for the Klingon way, but don't forget, Klingon society is older than even you... and I say again, age matters.  Klingon ways are not medievil, they predate even that.  Because they are old you think they are less worthy."

Klach D'kel Brakt
Bio
View Profile   IP Logged
Kenin leGoz
Active Attendee

Reply #67 - Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:41pm

Kenin listened quietly, feeling bad that she was the cause of all this, but not really willing to get involved.  Still, she murmured, "Dying for what you believe in is an honor, but children shouldn't have to be in that situation...parents are supposed to protect them from that..."  She looked up at Khoal.  "And just because something is old doesn't make it better, I don't think.  No disrespect meant, sir, but isn't it right to grow and adjust as you develop and learn new things?"

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Khoal
Active Attendee

Klingons rule.

Reply #68 - Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:57am

"No, that is exactly right.  you must grow, learn, and adjust.  But a 20 year old girl hasn't had the time to learn and grow that a 40 year old man has.   Age matters.  I didn't say better or worse.  Different, and that matters."

Klach D'kel Brakt
Bio
View Profile   IP Logged
Kenin leGoz
Active Attendee

Reply #69 - Mar 3rd, 2006, 5:59am

Kenin shrugged.  "Maybe.  And maybe it matters because when you get old you forget how to have fun and really be in love.."  She was clutching at straws here, but it was certain that Rael was old enough to be her father.  "And maybe if you are together long enough, you learn from each other and get closer..."  Of course, then, 'long enough' was debatable...still, she was starting to enjoy the discussion.

Khoal
Active Attendee

Klingons rule.

Reply #70 - Mar 3rd, 2006, 2:15pm

"And someone with 1000 years of experience could just as easily say that you can't truely love someone until you have that experience... that it teaches you a perspective of just how unique it is... this time.  Consider being a Trill parisite.... you get joined, you have a life, and if you make a mistake, marry the wrong person, just wait... you will have another lifetime later to do better... or to make the same mistakes again.  But us normal people have one shot, one chance and we have to get it right."

Klach D'kel Brakt
Bio
View Profile   IP Logged
Kenin leGoz
Active Attendee

Reply #71 - Mar 3rd, 2006, 8:28pm

Kenin glanced at Kentra, then back at Khoal, sensing the shaded insult although the Klingon was being most congenial to take his time to even discuss a confused kid's troubles.  "So that just means we need to get to it that much sooner.."  She grinned, then nodded.  "Thank you both for your ideas.  I'll consider it all...it helps to talk to people with experience..."  No harm in buttering them up, and she truly was grateful, if not still confused.

KentraDonrav
Combatant

Trills rule.

Food Court
Reply #72 - Mar 6th, 2006, 1:20am

"If you spend your life worried about what you have to do, then that isn't much of a life,"  she looked at Kenin, "Do what you feel is right dear.  Neither the Klingon nor I have any special wisdom to give you, and anyone who says they do are probably trying to sell you something."

She stood, "See you tomorrow, Kenin."

She glanced at the Klingon, "This parasite needs its sleep."

Lieutenant Kentra Donrav
USS Laffey
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread