Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
betleH tourney database

May 15th, 2024, 1:46am
News: We are still accepting and reviewing characters... tell your friends to sign up now.

Home Help Search Login
Host simm site

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread
A disgraced judge arrives (Read 1922 times)
K`Hare totlh
YaBB Administrator
betleH Judges

Get your own keg!

Re: A disgraced judge arrives
Reply #15 - Feb 16th, 2006, 4:43am

To be true, K'Hare impressed himself.  This was an especially good batch of the Bloodwine.  He thought to himself that this was probably the best batch yet.  He was close.  Now all that was left was proper aging before bottling the stuff.  That would take 10 or more years but he was sure his father would have been proud.  K'Hare didn't realize how much of the skills he'd remembered.

K'Hare took a drink and smiled.  "You never saw me do this."

He continued to sip his drink while his comrades made toasts.  He walked over to the replicator and requested an obscure style tankard and then hit some keys on the panel to alter the program.  With that done, he had four glasses replicated.

Showing a grace and balance that belied the effects of the drink he picked up the replicated tray with the four glass tankards on it and carried it back while drinking from his personal one.

"This is a family tradition.  It is rare that you would see glass tankards... they are so fragile, but the cut of the crystal helps refract the light.  You can see the rich red of the Bloodwine and the deep blues of the ..."  He paused.  K'Hare didn't wear a universal translator.  It was a quirk most people didn't know.  Well, he wore one, he just had it turned off most of the time.  He was unsure of the word... he thought... and continue, "the rich blues of the goo."

He poured the rest of his tankard into the glass and held it up into the light so everyone could see.  In his glass the blue blobs swirled and twisted into bigger blobs as they bumped into each other.  He then shook his hand a little and they became small BBs spinning in the liquid.  "I should get Ing to make some sort of clear tankard of a strong material... maybe transparent aluminum."  He stared at the glass, seeming to comtemplate... or maybe he was just mesmerized by the blue blobs of goo.

K'Hare totlh
CO Klach D'kel Brakt
TFCO TF86
Forum admin for BFKC and betleH tourney
View Profile   IP Logged
Wado
betleH Judges

Klingons rule.

Re: A disgraced judge arrives
Reply #16 - Feb 17th, 2006, 10:09am

Taking the tankard in hand Wade made note of the colors K'hare was refering to.  Wade was not into the brewing as much as his Klingon friend was. he had heard about it many times but never actually tried it himself. Perhaps he should.  Taking a drink he was pleased with the drink. He had no doubt K'hare would bring the best but he didn't realize how good of a brewer K'hare was.  Duerkes may not know how to brew himself but he new a good drink when he tasted it.

"Glad I'm with friends because after a few rounds of this I'll be sharing my thoughts freely. Wouldn't want to do that around certain 'superior' officers." Wade smiled as he took another drink.  "My complements K'hare. A fine brew."

Rear Admiral Wade Duerkes
Commanding Officer, USS Saturn
Task Force Commanding Officer, Task Force 9
JAG Officer, Bravofleet
Head Judge, Bravofleet Bat'leth Competition
Email View Profile WWW Wado wado_35 wadosaturnco   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread