Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
betleH tourney database

May 15th, 2024, 6:13am
News: Check the Questions area and follow the instructions. Make sure you are listed on the manifest in the right place... as fighter or attendee... and make sure your attendance icons are set right.

Home Help Search Login
Host simm site

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread
Here Comes Trouble (Read 827 times)
Beckett
Combatant
Serenity Crew

He's Not A Nice Man.

Here Comes Trouble
Feb 8th, 2006, 11:23am

[ON - Arrivals Security Check, Serenity Base]

Lionel dumped his duffel bag on the inspections table. The security officer eyed both him and his sole possesion with a certain air of suspicion. The scanner had picked up several interesting items in his bag, hence the manual search. The young man rifled through Lionels belonging's, every so often retrieving a knife, or a particle weapon. Beckett noticed a guard move into position behind him, his hand already on his phaser.

"Your weapons will be confiscated until you are ready to leave the station. At that time you will be required to pay a fine." The officer recited as he zipped the bag back up.

"Fine." Lionel acknowledged before returning to the scanner. As he left, he caught the whispered conversation between the inspector and the guard.

"Would you look at this stuff?" The guard said.

"Yeah, quite a haul I wonder if..." The voices trailed off as Lionel rounded a corner an out onto the Promenade. The midday bustle was quieting down, making it easier for Lionel to slip in and out of the flows of people. He spent a while searching for his room, the man he'd spoken to while on Vaun'gan made all the arrangements for his stay.

[Vaun'gan Prime - One Month Ago]

"You Triek?" Lionel asked, storming into a small dank motel room dragging his prize by the hair. Pulling his prisoner up straight, he kept a knife to his throat.

The elder Bajoran behind the desk looked up with a startled cry. The sight of a man storming into his room holding another person hostage would be good cause to give anyone a fright. That was of course before he recognised the captor.

"I know you." He said, the look on his face made it evident he was searching his memory.

Lionel smiled, tightening his grip on his prisoner "I used to work here. The boy tells me you're his handler. We need to have words."

The Bajoran slowly rose out of his chair, making a show of it, he bent down to get a better look at Lionel's captive.

"Never seen him before." He said, shaking his head

"Don't lie to me," Beckett said viciously "This kid was my replacement. I told you I used to work...here." He put emphasis on the last word. Slowly, the Bajoran's brain worked to its inevatble conclusion. His eyes and mouth became round O's as he realised just how much danger he was in.

"... Beckett?" He asked experimentally

Lionel smiled and nodded "Seems they should've kept my handler around, she was at least competent. Now that the formalities are over, how about we talk?" He asked, shoving his 'replacement' across the room to the Bajoran.

"What could you possibly want from Starfleet?" Triek asked incredulously.

"I want back in, that's what." He replied quietly. There was several seconds of silence before Triek was able to form another sentence.

"You want back in?" He asked, quieter this time. As if he needed the digest the request in smaller chunks.

"Yes. Now." Lionel decided to humour the man, letting allowing him whatever time he needed.

The Bajoran leaned against his table. His charge was against the wall, still breathing heavily and glaring with contempt at Lionel. "I'm afraid I can't do that for you... but I can get you to someone that can."

Lionel grinned again "Good, I'm glad I don't have to kill either of you," He looked Triek in the eye "Make your calls, now."

[The Next Day - Vaun'gan Prime Spaceport]

"This will get you to Tau Ceti, but from there you'll need to find your own way to Serenity." Triek handed over a set of travel documents. Beckett ushered them into one of his coats inner pockets.

"Seems an awful long way to go for one meeting." Beckett said, looking around for his transport.

"It needs to be done this way," Just then, the tannoy announced Beckett's flight was open for boarding. Triek smiled and offered his hand "Hopefully next time we meet, you'll be working for me."

Lionel snorted at the mans hand "Hopefully, we'll never meet again," Lionel started off for the terminal "And I'd get rid of that kid, he's sloppy." Triek smiled and returned to the Departures entrance. He waved down a cab and climbed in it's filthy interior.

"Where to?" The driver asked.

Triek fixed his jacket "The City Moruge please."

The driver grimaced. "That's a cryin' shame, who died?"

"An employee of mine, not much older than a kid."

« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2006, 1:28pm by Beckett »  

Email View Profile Beckett TrenT   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print Mark as Unread